sram x0

konanige
konanige Posts: 115
edited March 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Anyone know where (apart from NASA) I can get replacement bearings for sram x0 front hub?

Comments

• Herdwick
    Herdwick Posts: 523
    remove them, measure with a caliper and ask a local bearing store if they have any, or even safer take them with you so they can check. If sram used specific made bearings, only NASA can help.
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • Herdwick
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Dont X0 hubs use non standard bearings?
  • konanige
    Yes they are non standard and my LBS cant get any joy from SRAM trade website!!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Try another more useful shop?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    It is massively unlikely they are non standard, the cost outweighs any logical benefit, so they need to be removed and measured. The fact the LBS can't get any joy from the website hardly makes them non standard!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Herdwick
    The Rookie wrote:
    It is massively unlikely they are non standard, the cost outweighs any logical benefit
    although this makes sence, some times manufacturers tend to make our life miserable creating new standards for their top parts lineup.

remember how many different headset bearing types are out there?

It's easy to remove them, do it and measure and let us know...
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • There is often a code stamped intot eh plastic seal round the edge, most bearing suppliers can translate these
  • rockmonkeysc
    They are non standard.
    My employer uses several different non standard bearings and much lower quantities than SRAM would use. Special sizes arent too expensive to produce, once you get over 10,000 units per year the cost over standard sizes isnt much at all. They still use standard balls and seals, it's just non srandard races.
  • konanige
    Have removed them ,have measured them, have read the code on the seals they are NON STANDARD bearings, once again it shows that high end products only gain you hassle and a couple of grams. Will be swapping the wheels out for a set of long lasting easy to repair Superstar wheels like I did on my last bike!!!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What is the code?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • konanige
    code is 23x32x7, special bearing, not currently in stock in the uk but the lovely chaps at Fisher Outdoor Leisure have sorted me out with a ser of warranty bearings
  • rockmonkeysc
    Superstar long lasting? Mine (switch evo and tesla) ate feeehubs and bearings. Get some Hope hubs, much better quality.
  • konanige
    Got hope pro 2 hubs and switch evo hubs on different bikes superstar bearings and freehub both outlasting the hope items!