Post Valentines Sunday

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
edited February 2015 in The bottom bracket
Afternoon All,

Since even Sa0 hasn't started the daily thread, looks like I'd better do it.

This morning has been pretty productive given Stressbag and Stropteen have left me to get on with things :) So supplies have been bought, bike prep done for the upcoming gravity fest, kit washed and even got to take the moaning twosome out for coffee and bacon.

This afternoon is a mixture of Dad's taxi, listening to the footy and the sound of Arsenal fans getting a bit nervous about possible embarrassment :wink: Then I need to prep for some interviews for a new minion tomorrow. No peace for the wicked...
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Went and road my bike, happens sometimes! I try not to spend to much time between rolling out of bed and getting on the bike. Nice gently day of climbing the hills of Wales without help from a van.

Crap forgot about work tomorrow. Want to hire me Stevo?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Went and road my bike, happens sometimes! I try not to spend to much time between rolling out of bed and getting on the bike. Nice gently day of climbing the hills of Wales without help from a van.

Crap forgot about work tomorrow. Want to hire me Stevo?
    I would need two of you :wink:

p3pb11667921.jpg

Is it coincidence that one of them is wearing pink booties?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • What's Valentines day?
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,361
    Took toots swimming. OH at work.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I had an email fro dx.com (its a Chinese online shop that sells things that look like expensive things but they aren't expensive things) yesterday saying Celebrate St Patrick's Day.

Close enough.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    Things are looking up. The weather is almost spring-like, I have my first uplift of 2015 a week on Friday and I just got a leave out for the next one. Result.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Things are looking up. The weather is almost spring-like, I have my first uplift of 2015 a week on Friday and I just got a leave out for the next one. Result.

So pop up and see your folks, drive across to Kirroughtree and do the black route. I'll be around with a stretcher at the ready.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Good day considering the amount of ale that was enjoyed last night!

Slow start whilst waiting for the guests to go and then it was over to Liverpool for some hospitality at top gear live, then back home and straight out to support a local business called the red lion

Now it's the usual Sunday night, look forward to work routine
  • pinno
    matthew h wrote:
    Good day considering the amount of ale that was enjoyed last night!

Slow start whilst waiting for the guests to go and then it was over to Liverpool for some hospitality at top gear live, then back home and straight out to support a local business called the red lion

Now it's the usual Sunday night, look forward to work routine

Arran looks forward to work more than anyone else on here. But then, he stopped looking for work when he found a job.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

So pop up and see your folks, drive across to Kirroughtree and do the black route. I'll be around with a stretcher at the ready.
    No stretcher needed. There's a new run at the uplift place where I'm going with Mr. h in just under 2 weeks called 'Fifty Shades of Black', must give it a whirl :)

But that said I do have more frequent trips to make oop North now...
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

No stretcher needed. There's a new run at the uplift place where I'm going with Mr. h in just under 2 weeks called 'Fifty Shades of Black', must give it a whirl :)

But that said I do have more frequent trips to make oop North now...

That's probably referring to the bruises you'll get when you crash.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    ^There's no lifts on the Black run, you'll have to use...er, how do I break it to you...erm, that's it - Pedal power. Sorry.
  • Stevo_666
    ^There's no lifts on the Black run, you'll have to use...er, how do I break it to you...erm, that's it - Pedal power. Sorry.
    [Cancels trip]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    [Cancels trip]
    I thought that was a poor attempt by Piña to get you to hire him and his van.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    [Cancels trip]
    I thought that was a poor attempt by Piña to get you to hire him and his van.

The last thing Stevo needs is a ride in the back of my van, unless of course he want's to cruise the local schemes for a 'poodle'. Which can be arranged.
  • Stevo_666
    Look, I've shown you how it's done above. All I need is you, the Liverpool Dandy and a couple of tow ropes. I'm going a week on Friday so chop chop :)
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Look, I've shown you how it's done above. All I need is you, the Liverpool Dandy and a couple of tow ropes. I'm going a week on Friday so chop chop :)

I don't need help to drag your hungover arse up the hill ;)
  • pinno
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I don't need help to drag your hungover ars* up the hill ;)

Me thinks you should drink 10 pints with Stevo before the uplift. My money's on you to get to the bottom.
  • veronese68
    Me thinks you should drink 10 pints with Stevo before the uplift. My money's on you to get to the bottom.
    That's a safe bet if ever there was one.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    That's a safe bet if ever there was one.

can we just clarify, you mean bottom of the hill
  • Stevo_666
    Good point to clarify, because we'll be going to the bottom of the hill about 12 times in a day....
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Good point to clarify, because we'll be going to the bottom of the hill about 12 times in a day....

in theory
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

in theory
    How difficult is to roll down a hill? :P
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

in theory

I will show you
  • veronese68
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

in theory

I will show you
    Remember, falling doesn't hurt. It's the sudden stop that hurts.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

in theory

I will show you
    Maybe he could buy one of those pub sumo outfits to take the sting out of the unplanned dismounts.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

in theory

I will show you
    Maybe he could buy one of those pub sumo outfits to take the sting out of the unplanned dismounts.

eating myself to that size recently :oops:
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

eating myself to that size recently :oops:
    That's not always a disadvantage in downhill :)