2015 Canyon Spectral 8.9

Devastazione
Devastazione Posts: 280
edited December 2015 in Your mountain bikes
Posted this in another page but I guess this is the right place 8)
This replace my 2013 Stumpy FSR 29. From payment to delivery it only took 4 days from Germany,very good.
Loving this bike,Stumpy hub to hub was 1175 cm,this is 1166 and on top of that a 5 cm shorter chainstay,they do ride in a completely different way. Still thinking about keeping my Stumpy FSR Roval carbon rims and place them on this bike but I need to make some cash,so the Stumpy's better stay all in one piece for it's next lucky owner.
Good job Canyon,really a stunning bike. Specs for the money over Specialized ? Not even funny…. :?
Not missing the Brain in the way on the rear shock... :wink:

34rvkp1.jpg
2lia7av.jpg
2gyat5x.jpg
wim5cg.jpg
Specialized Tarmac Sworks
Canyon Spectral 8.9

Comments

• Devastazione thanks for sharing. I want to purchase the same bike but I seem to have a problem with the geometry, can you please tell me your height and the size of Spectral you have?
    I am riding Specialized Camber Large, the standover height is 758 mm. According to my measurements I need a Large Spectral BUT the standover of the Large size is 814 mm, much higher than the Camber or any other MTB.
    Can you also tell me what size Stumpy you had?
    Hope you sold it good and easy.
    Tnx.
  • Devastazione thanks for sharing. I want to purchase the same bike but I seem to have a problem with the geometry, can you please tell me your height and the size of Spectral you have?
    I am riding Specialized Camber Large, the standover height is 758 mm. According to my measurements I need a Large Spectral BUT the standover of the Large size is 814 mm, much higher than the Camber or any other MTB.
    Can you also tell me what size Stumpy you had?
    Hope you sold it good and easy.
    Tnx.

Hi ! My Spectral was ( sold it already ) size L. I'm 183 cm tall and the bike is in the smallish side. My stumpy was also L. Specialized bike tend to be on the big side,at least older models. Funnily enough I'm looking to get either a 2015 or 2016 Camber or a trek fuel ex. Can't stay away from USA frames for long.....lol..
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    You didn't keep this for long! Not unusual for people to sell on Canyons after a short time.
  • You didn't keep this for long! Not unusual for people to sell on Canyons after a short time.

Great bike if you ask me but too much of a bike for me. Also a very nervous bike that needs to be controlled all the times,it was fun at first but as a roadie I like my machine to be more forgiving in the long run. Stumpy was mellow and boring,the Spectral was a complete freak to me,like that friend you want to go out with once in a while but you know you will end up drinking,doing drugs,doing prostitutes,kill them and rob them..
  • rockmonkeysc
    The Spectral just has very xc oriented geometry. The Stumpjumper is more stable and intended to be ridden much harder.
  • The Spectral just has very xc oriented geometry. The Stumpjumper is more stable and intended to be ridden much harder.

I guess you meant the opposite. Spectral has an enduro/hardcore trail geometry and position,not slacked at all, my Stumpy positionwise was like my Epic,very slacked. And thanks to the dreadful Brain it was a more efficient bike to pedal.
    Specialized bikes are all the same no matter what model anyway...
  • rockmonkeysc
    The Spectral does not have enduro geometry. Short top tube and head angle is a bit steep for enduro. It's traditional xc/trail.