Raleigh Miltis Team or Scott Foil Team

53/39alltheway
53/39alltheway Posts: 44
edited February 2015 in Road buying advice
Buying a new bike this year and I am torn between the Miltis Team and Foil Team, I already have an ex team Raleigh with DA 7900 and am very happy with the bike, really responsive ride, stiff frame etc (not sure where the frames are made but assuming Taiwan).

I have always had DA on my race bikes so that is a known quantity, the Sram Red on the Miltis looks fantastic but never having used Sram before I would like some input from users please, also any owners of either bike who have an opinion,that would be most appreciated, the bike will be used for fast training and weekends, any racing would be done on the older Raleigh, budget is 5k it so if anyone has any other suggestions then fire away.
Trek SLR 1500 Ultegra 9 spd
Team Raleigh Dura Ace 7900
Scott Foil Team Issue Dura Ace 9000

Comments

• MrGrumpy
    MrGrumpy Posts: 288
    Some folk on here will say "you want to spend a fortune on a Raleigh?" however being the owner of Raleigh race bike a step down from the Team issue, I find the SRAM force superb. As for the frames they are very light!
  • Westbrook have the Foil Team issue on sale at £3500 if you're a medium or large. They also have the Addict Team issue on sale too. In that price range there are some great deals about with up to 50% off which is a chunk of change when spending £3-5k
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Thanks for the replies, I am happy with the Raleigh I have, it was likely a similar price to these two when it was new (2012) its a fantastic frame and groupset, never been a bike brand snob anyway, I just really liked the look of these two.

It won't be for a few months so I will keep them peeled, leaning towards the Foil ATM but whoknows.
    Trek SLR 1500 Ultegra 9 spd
    Team Raleigh Dura Ace 7900
    Scott Foil Team Issue Dura Ace 9000
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    I have a Foil with Red. I can't fault it, it's light (6.3kg fully built with pedals, cages, Zipp 202 tubs and Ritchey finishing kit), mega stiff and feels great. I'm not a racer though and the bike is capable of a lot more than I am!