Saturday

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited February 2015 in The bottom bracket
Went out for a run in the sun this morning, sun has now gone and I am beginning to hate my penis extension of a bike after I fucked up replacing the rear cable.

Onwards and upwards eh
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Best of luck with Valentines day Sa0, remember if you buy her diamonds then she pretty much has to :) But all is not lost, 14th March has been designated a special day for men to make up for valentines day; it's been christened 'Steak and Blow Job Day'. Be sure to mark the calendar boys...

Jobs done, hair cut now off to look at a new piano for Stropteen :roll: At least there are bacon sandwiches to eat on the way.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Hill climb training this morning followed by present giving and now decorating.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Get a piano? tbh if she is any good it is nice to hear someone playing in the back of a house.

Well I didn't get her diamonds however she did predict the liverpool score for a bet and got it right, so hey that was a good gift.

Out with the single boys tonight, always good to watch people on bad dates! He will be gutted when I turn down his lunge.

Hills tomorrow morning, good old north wales, Degla for the cafe though, Stevos and the other crudders kind of place, Mountain bikes and door stop bacon sandwiches
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Get a piano? tbh if she is any good it is nice to hear someone playing in the back of a house.

Well I didn't get her diamonds however she did predict the liverpool score for a bet and got it right, so hey that was a good gift.

Out with the single boys tonight, always good to watch people on bad dates! He will be gutted when I turn down his lunge.

Hills tomorrow morning, good old north wales, Degla for the cafe though, Stevos and the other crudders kind of place, Mountain bikes and door stop bacon sandwiches
    Yep, ordered one to be delivered in a week or so, though I am feeling a bit violated by the price of these things. Clearly what we bought 7 years back for her first piano was a right old crapper given what I paid for that one, even though I still can't hear anything wrong with it. She's doing grade 6 so it's past the torturing of musical instrument stage thankfully.

Here's where I thought of the diamonds idea :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c82z_bxy60E

Have fun at Deggy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    I like the looks I get at Degla, all those baggy shorts seeing me in tight lycra and pink socks
    Ha the video got a laugh.
    Grade 6 blessing, you tone death or more likely the family just spends your cash so you can't buy any more uplifts.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    I like the looks I get at Degla, all those baggy shorts seeing me in tight lycra and pink socks
    Grade 6 blessing, you tone death or more likely the family just spends your cash so you can't buy any more uplifts.
    I hate to think how many uplifts that piano cost ! I am not quite tone deaf but musically have zero talent, she must get it from the other half.

South Wales for me a week on Friday, with vans included.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    I hate to think how many uplifts that piano cost ! I am not quite tone deaf but musically have zero talent, she must get it from the other half.

South Wales for me a week on Friday, with vans included.

Went to a party at a house once, and was stumped how they'd managed to get the fricking huge 9' concert grand in the room where it was, given the house was perched on a short but very steep driveway, and the door in was not that big. Owner admitted it had been expensive - had to hire carpenters to remove (and rebuild later) the whole front wall of the room, plus hire a very big crane to lift it up from the street below off the delivery truck! :shock: :shock: Gave us a recital later though, and The Man Could Play!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Hark at wheelspinner , getting invited to parties at Elton and Davids place.

Still looks like your delivery has come Stevo. Better ask them if you can borrow the Van! there about as good going up hill as you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzEBLa3PPk
  • Stevo_666
    Went to a party at a house once, and was stumped how they'd managed to get the ******* huge 9' concert grand in the room where it was, given the house was perched on a short but very steep driveway, and the door in was not that big. Owner admitted it had been expensive - had to hire carpenters to remove (and rebuild later) the whole front wall of the room, plus hire a very big crane to lift it up from the street below off the delivery truck! :shock: :shock: Gave us a recital later though, and The Man Could Play!
    This is only an upright, so no house surgery needed, but the ferkin' thing still weighs over a quarter of a ton so things will go badly pear shaped if there's an accident getting it in.

Tim - beat me to it, you must be bloody psychic.
  • tim wand wrote:
    Hark at wheelspinner , getting invited to parties at Elton and Davids place.

Still looks like your delivery has come Stevo. Better ask them if you can borrow the Van! there about as good going up hill as you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzEBLa3PPk

Ha, as if. Bloke was actually a surgeon, no wonder he could afford a grand piano.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Ha, as if. Bloke was actually a surgeon, no wonder he could afford a grand piano.

Think the one who did my Vasectomy played the Drums. Probably for Def Leppard judging by the Swelling :!:
  • Stevo_666
    @Wheelspinner - the piano place we were at yesterday had some grand pianos in stock - they cost as much as a decent car :shock: I was desperately trying to shove my two down the 'Yamaha' end of the showroom. I came out having agreed to buy a piano called a 'Bentley', which I suppose might impress the burds at parties when I tell them that I own one :P
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    @Wheelspinner - the piano place we were at yesterday had some grand pianos in stock - they cost as much as a decent car :shock: I was desperately trying to shove my two down the 'Yamaha' end of the showroom. I came out having agreed to buy a piano called a 'Bentley', which I suppose might impress the burds at parties when I tell them that I own one :P

They are indeed a "significant" investment.. even the Yamaha's aren't cheap! The one at the Doc's place we went to was one a Kawai I think, although since the house was in fact his weekender at the beach I think it was his budget version. I believe his regular house in the city also had one - a Bosendorfer I was told. What puzzles me is why he'd put such an expensive piano in that environment - you could literally look out the window at an uninterrupted view of the Pacific Ocean. Park your car in the street for an hour and it is covered in a film of salt spray on a breezy day, and you can sit and watch things rust if you look closely. Must have been very bad for the piano...