Decent kids V brakes

Myster101
Myster101 Posts: 856
edited February 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hi all, after a decent set of V brakes for my daughters Merdia Dakar 620. Need to be reach adjustable and looking for the whole set.

Any ideas?

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
Ribble 7005 Sportive

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Myster101 wrote:
    Hi all, after a decent set of V brakes for my daughters Merdia Dakar 620. Need to be reach adjustable and looking for the whole set.

Any ideas?
    Get on eBay, get some decent levers and and V-arms that are alloy and come from a reputable maker as they are all much of a muchness as long as you avoid the cheap and nasty pressed steel ones.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thanks Rookie, are the arms for kids bikes the same size as adult? Just wondering whether to go on CRC and get some half decent Shimano ones.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Same size, yes.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.