Low Traffic SW London?

Sewinman
Sewinman Posts: 2,131
edited February 2015 in Commuting chat
My Twickenham to Waterloo commute seems quiet at the moment traffic-wise? Anyone else noticed it?

Comments

• Not in the southerly end of things, Slutton to City is bad, the other morning I scalped a load of folks by getting off a walking!

My gripe is that all traffic law enforcement has dissapeared from London, i'm sure i'm seeing more idiots doing stupid things and dicks lost in their mobile phones.
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Was a little less traffic than usual this morning. Half term starts next week as well.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • Sewinman wrote:
    My Twickenham to Waterloo commute seems quiet at the moment traffic-wise? Anyone else noticed it?

Yep absolutely - just commented on it over on SCR thread. Twick-Sheen-H'smith Br-High St Ken has been oddly quiet for the last fortnight.
    Maybe it's just because there aren't any major roadworks / closures anywhere in or around the area for the first time in about five years?
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    It was quite bad after NY, but I agree - seems to have cleared up in the last 10 days or so. Next week should be great!
  • Sewinman wrote:
    It was quite bad after NY, but I agree - seems to have cleared up in the last 10 days or so. Next week should be great!

Yeah there was the usual back-to-school shock, and that snarl up with the temp lights in Sheen, but it's felt like midsummer recently. Trafficwise that is :?
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Private schools are likely doing a 2 week half term..
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    iPete wrote:
    That starts next week
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    iPete wrote:

Not this time- its a shorter one with Easter where it is. I know this from personal experience!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Maybe different in London, but private schools with borders rarely have a half term at all.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Tempted fate - it was bloody abysmal last night.