Bike Park Wales

Nick Cod
Nick Cod Posts: 321
edited February 2015 in Holidays
Advise please

Myself and four friends are staying half a mile down the road from BPW this June. I’ve ridden Cwmcarn (Twrch) and Afan (Whites Level) before and on the whole had no real problems climbing or descending either. The majority of my riding recently has been on the road and while I appreciate there’s a difference between my carbon flyer and my Zesty, my core cycling fitness is alright and should only get better as the days get longer. The intension being to get back to commuting next month

A friend of mine who went said it’s worth booking the uplift at BPW as the climbing is just plain dull and you’ll get more out of the day. He also added it’s worth investing in a dropper post before the trip

Any advice or feedback is welcome

Cheers NC 8)
2016 Cube Agree C:62 SLT DISC
2013 Cayo Evo 3
2013 Zesty 414
2002 Avalanche 0.0
2018 Vitus Substance v2 105 Gravel

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    The climb at BPW is just a way to get to the top. It's not an xc loop sort of speak (if that makes sense)

Up to you about a dropper, I don't use one, but I can see its be useful. But I wouldn't buy one just to use there.

I can usually fit in about 4 loops which is around 30km, but you can do half loops as all the trails cross the fireroad halfway down.

Uplift is good, but it depends what sort of day you're after?