Advice needed - bibshorts or 3/4s with lowcut front

slowbike
slowbike Posts: 8,498
edited February 2015 in Commuting chat
Not for me ... but for my wife who is riding 2up and wishes to continue as long as she can ...

Looking for suitable 3/4qtrs with a low front that should fit below the stoker ... any suggestions?

Comments

• gingaman
    gingaman Posts: 576
    Why not a cheaper pair and cut away what is in the way?
  • http://www.mountain-mama.com/collection ... ng-clothes

I love that in the internet age, if you can think of something it invariably exists somewhere...
  • slowbike
    gingaman wrote:
    Why not a cheaper pair and cut away what is in the way?

yup - that's an option - but it'd be better to get something that just fits to start with! :)
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    I love that in the internet age, if you can think of something it invariably exists somewhere...
    That's not quite what Rule 34 states...
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • slowbike
    http://www.mountain-mama.com/collections/maternity-cycling-clothes

yer - but the bibshorts are unavailable ... :(

Invariably they assume women cyclists are stick-insects too ...
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,588
    My gf continued to cycle wearing normal bib shorts - Giordana's she used, and they have plenty of give, and I thought all bibs were super stretchy anyway no?

She was cycling on our holiday in France when she was 7 months, no problems at all - this on a Tri Cross sport, so a bit more sit up than a full on racing bike mind you.

if that won't work for her, then the other option might be normal shorts, ie not bibs, my gf has some Mavic and Cannondale ones which are fine, and are now relegated to turbo work, as she has a few decent bib shorts now.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • slowbike
    Ta - she's currently wearing her bibs but she doesn't really like the full length ones - so just planning ahead for when it gets a little warmer as she doesn't have any 3/4 bibs that don't have a really high front - they're tricky to put on at the best of times! :)

She's hoping to carry on riding as much as possible - she's got a few bikes to chose from ranging from MTB to low front road bike so something will fit ... I think she's a bit peeved because she's got a place for RL100 but won't be able to do the training to do it justice and she was going to start TTing this year ...
    bluddy kids! ;)