Planet X ,great service

ilovegrace
ilovegrace Posts: 677
edited February 2015 in Road buying advice
Had a four and a half hour round trip today to Planet X showroom and bought myself a London Road .
I have to say the whole experience was a joy.
Coffee first thing then my "turbo test ride" , changed stems saddle height etc .
No rush, no hassle . I know this is what you should expect ,however after been in the customer service business myself for over 35 years when you do receive good service you appreciate it and should tell others.
Well so far so good , just need to receive the bike and will give an update on delivery and the bike itself .
regards
ILG

Comments

• rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    It nice to hear when you receive good service, but why only a turbo test ride ?
  • Not sure to be honest , the chap at PX pulled a bike of the rack and dropped it on a turbo , after a few adjustments it felt good so never pushed for a road ride , possibly could but I never asked !
    regards
    ILG
  • rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    A couple of mates recently purchased Exocet 2's from the Rotherham branch, one got the full turbo set up and a good 30 minutes riding up & down the industrial park outside. The other only got a ride on the turbo and was refused a road test ! he must have the wrong type of face... :D
  • Not sure this is a 'great service' more like a selling technique.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Not sure this is a 'great service' more like a selling technique.
    Whatever it is ,we had a good day.

regards
    ILG
  • I've been thinking of looking at a Kaffenback but can't quite squeeze the money out for the drop bar version. What's the buying process like? You go there and try the bike and they check your fit, record it and you order it for them to put together and send to you I guess. What about custom builds? Did you discuss changes to specs? I'm wondering if I could get a Kaffenback with a cheaper groupset then upgrade as it wears out. Not sure it would save enough that way but do you think they'd consider helping out that way if they're good at customer service?
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    It's worth keeping an eye out on the 'sale' section for prebuilt clearance bikes. I bought a Sab Prestige last year (at the time PX were selling the frame for £600) with Sram Force/Rival, their 52mm carbon clinchers (£400) and even carbon bottle cages. The bike was £1k, about £400 cheaper than I could have bought the parts for!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Have to say PX service & delivery is excellent

Sizing can be a bit odd but hey so are people.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • I've been thinking of looking at a Kaffenback but can't quite squeeze the money out for the drop bar version. What's the buying process like? You go there and try the bike and they check your fit, record it and you order it for them to put together and send to you I guess. What about custom builds? Did you discuss changes to specs? I'm wondering if I could get a Kaffenback with a cheaper groupset then upgrade as it wears out. Not sure it would save enough that way but do you think they'd consider helping out that way if they're good at customer service?
    No problem with the buying process.
    Give them a ring first to discuss what you would like to test , if they have one in the showroom , arrange to go .
    Craig will put you on the turbo and check your position etc , advise on stem length etc, I am not sure if the kaffenback can be customized you can check that on the web site, if they can they will.
    If the bike needs building they will send of your order to the workshop , let you know when it will be delivered and there you go !.
    The showroom is worth a visit anyhow if you like your bikes and kit.
    regards
    ILG