Antur Stiniog

frankspencer1979
frankspencer1979 Posts: 525
edited February 2015 in Routes
Going to Wales in a couple of days, riding Penmachno Thursday, then AS on Friday. First time at both places.

Bit of a daft question, but when at Antur, is it advisable to take the usual pack of spares to the top, or can it stay in the car? I'm tubeless but carry a tube/pump etc' just in case.

Do the trails drop into the car park so i can nip to my car for a swig of drink instead of dragging my camelbak around!?

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Antur is an uplift service. All the trails are downhill trails - minimal pedalling.

Even the blue trails are quite technical so don't go expecting blue xc trails.

Yes they all finish next to the car park. I never bother taking anything to the top with me, but having had a puncture about 200m from the start of 1 trail I can tell you its a long walk down!
  • Cheers fella.

Going to stick to blue and red only. On a hardtail and not the most skilled so could be interesting!
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    You can stash a bottle near the uplift pick up point or under your car.
    The red trails are pretty technical, much more than most trail centres. Have a steady run down and see if you get on ok. Im sure there are a couple drops with no chicken lines.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    . Have a steady run down and see if you get on ok. Im sure there are a couple drops with no chicken lines.

yeah I know there's some nice rocky sections o jump with blind landings (you don't necessarily have to jump, you just can't see what's on the other side) it'll be fun on a hardtail :shock: :lol:
  • Had a mint day at AS today. Jymper is bob on on a hardtail, drafft a little more gnarly in places. It was pretty quiet and the dude doing the uplift talked me into carefully checking out the red run, i wouldn't have bothered if i was risking holding loads of people up. It was mostly ok but a little beyond me at points. Really enjoyed the whole day and didn't get sick of mostly sticking to the blue runs. Want to go back already!
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Get a few trips back to work your way up to Black Powder, thats a proper fun track!