Tuesday

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited February 2015 in The bottom bracket
I'm off so I'll do this as my work for the day.

Off to ride the bike and shove it to the man.
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    I'm not off, not ridden my bike. Might tell someone to shove it anyway.
    Out to the movies later, followed by beer.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Crashed this morning. Was late for the morning chaingang, saw them going the other way so hit the brakes. Front wheel went from under me and I landed pretty heavily on my head. Luckily no damage other than some bobbling on my tights and a bent rear mech. Joined back on and managed a 2nd in the sprint at the end. Don't even perceive it stiffening up tonight, as it seems my head took the brunt of the fall. Arm, knee, shoulders and wrist are all fine so far.

On another unrelated note, it looks like I won't be boozing tonight.
  • veronese68
    coriordan wrote:
    On another unrelated note, it looks like I won't be boozing tonight.
    Because you already have the hangover? Glad you're ok and didn't land on anything important.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,474
    coriordan wrote:
    Don't even perceive it stiffening up tonight, as it seems my head took the brunt of the fall.
    Fnarr fnarr.

Work madness rules here. Have taken a break to stuff my face some atomic chilli style Chinese chicken in batter. Later will be headed out to play Dad's taxi for Stropteen, she is bound to be soooo grateful :roll: At least tomorrow will involve pedalling. And birthdays.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Picked MrsHD up from Urgent Care as yesterdays x-ray revealed a broken 5th Metatarsal which she's skied on on for a week.

Followed by a CE meeting, followed by splitting a few logs, followed by some minestroni soup.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    HD. sucks but she has proved herself to be harder than you.

Lass I rode with today took a picture of me and the other lad, looks like a poncy rapha advert. Safe to say it here, nobody looks at this thread.

Not watching the game and cheering on your second favorite team Stevo?

Film V68?

failed to go car shopping again, out on the bike was the nicer idea. I also need a stronger magnet
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    HD. sucks but she has proved herself to be harder than you.

Lass I rode with today took a picture of me and the other lad, looks like a poncy rapha advert. Safe to say it here, nobody looks at this thread.

Not watching the game and cheering on your second favorite team Stevo?

Film V68?

failed to go car shopping again, out on the bike was the nicer idea. I also need a stronger magnet
    Actually you can do us a small favour and beat the third (or is that now second) best footy team in London. They need taking down a peg ot two before we tonk them in the League Cup final :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    We'll try, no promises.

Oh for a laugh regarding aforementioned photo another friend has done this

10846044_10204906561736621_6409333565203951579_n.jpg?oh=f21df2a1ff6d0da96a176b5d5379bbd9&oe=5558C9CA&__gda__=1431367038_d9964495e6fc1c911628bb078e89982f
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • sa0u823e wrote:
    We'll try, no promises.

Oh for a laugh regarding aforementioned photo another friend has done this

10846044_10204906561736621_6409333565203951579_n.jpg?oh=f21df2a1ff6d0da96a176b5d5379bbd9&oe=5558C9CA&__gda__=1431367038_d9964495e6fc1c911628bb078e89982f
    Is that a mudflap or an air brake on the bike on the left??? It's hyooooj. :shock:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Dhb fail...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    My other kit is in the wash ;0. Solid kit, though I did want something warmer today. Haha spade for the snow on his bike. His tourer/commuter so god knows its purpose except for me to stay clean.

Funny enough the lass who took the shot said "you two are going to be embarrassed by the choice of tights today"
    Women always finding ways to have a dig. At least we can take the piss out of ourselves
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Pink booties? I hope you don't actually ride through Liverpool in that outfit :D
  • Flâneur
    Joys of being CH post code. I don't have to. On the other hand I was waved to slow down to be warned of dogs and horses being readied for a hunt mid ride...
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Joys of being CH post code. I don't have to. On the other hand I was waved to slow down to be warned of dogs and horses being readied for a hunt mid ride...

A proper ch postcode? I seem to spend my life at ch1 :( well bar today that was the joys of Gloucester
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    matthew h wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

A proper ch postcode? I seem to spend my life at ch1 :( well bar today that was the joys of Gloucester

Don't knock Glaaaster. Best breakfast in England in the Concorde Cafe, Bristol Street - hash browns the lot. Better than that poncy clique hole just across the M5. Buildings are nice but the inhabitants...

Been to the Museu Do Ar today and seen a big Junkers.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    matthew h wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

CH1, that would be where I work, so I avoid living in CH1, Fake CH (imo) and I was a fake L postcode before the change.

Pinas accent just changed in my head until the world junkers
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Film V68?
    Ex Machina. Very good, if a little odd. Not one to take lady of the female persuasion to, go with a couple of mates.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    sa0u823e wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

CH1, that would be where I work, so I avoid living in CH1, Fake CH (imo) and I was a fake L postcode before the change.

Pinas accent just changed in my head until the world junkers

It's 'Jankers' mate innit.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!