Help broke my hip at young age

Hawkins6
Hawkins6 Posts: 16
edited February 2015 in Health, fitness & training
Has any one else broke there neck of femur.

fell off bike on black ice its a intracapsular and displaced fracture. Had a targon plate put in I've got two more weeks for x Rays and I'm only putting 50% of weight on it.just be good to hear if any one else have recovered from this type of injury

Comments

• I broke mine in 88 and had it pinned away back then, It lasted until 2013 before I got my hip replacement. So yeah you'll recover fine from it, the ball joint in mine though was rotten hence the need for a replacement. Unless you've been told I doubt you're in the same boat.

My main advice is keep the weight of it as much as you can until told otherwise, it makes the difference in the long run.
  • I broke mine in 88 and had it pinned away back then, It lasted until 2013 before I got my hip replacement. So yeah you'll recover fine from it, the ball joint in mine though was rotten hence the need for a replacement. Unless you've been told I doubt you're in the same boat.

My main advice is keep the weight of it as much as you can until told otherwise, it makes the difference in the long run.
    Thanks do you ride as good with a replacement and do you use hip protectors
  • I ride better now, mainly due to the fact that I'm not in pain anymore. I've 50% more movement and flexibility after the replacement, so I'm certainly glad it happened. I've had a few falls and knocks and suffered no ill effects so far, but I do know my limitations and wouldn't go thinking that I'm invincible.

Funny enough I don't wear protectors, I was thinking of getting some but never got round to it.