Fulcrum 5 2014 freehub dissasembly

shmooster
shmooster Posts: 335
edited February 2015 in Workshop
Hi All,
Anyone know how to dismantle the freehub on a 2014 fulcrum 5? I've got the axle removed from the wheel with the freehub attached but I can't work out how to remove the freehub and replace the bearings. There's a nut on the end of the freehub and with a hex key in the axle I've given it more torque than feels entirely safe but it hasn't come out.
All the assembly docs and videos I can find refer to an older version. Mine has the tension adjuster on the non-drive side which nips up with a hex bolt.

May have to take a trip to the LBS with it....

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Check online videos for your exact model (the ones I've pulled apart are cartridge bearing wheelhubs so a bit simpler) but if you have the non drive side nut off then the axle should just tap through the freehub. It's probably just quite tight on the inner bearing surfaces.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Rolf F wrote:
    Check online videos for your exact model (the ones I've pulled apart are cartridge bearing wheelhubs so a bit simpler) but if you have the non drive side nut off then the axle should just tap through the freehub. It's probably just quite tight on the inner bearing surfaces.

I thought that, but the axle has a raised part on it that's larger than the bearings so the axle won't tap through (it's not a pure shaft, it's been machined so there are different diameters along the length of it). There are no docs around that I can find for this particular model, but if you know of any please link them.