Looking for a cheap crankset!

MrJames
MrJames Posts: 24
edited February 2015 in MTB buying advice
Well I went to convert my cube ltd 2014 to a 1x10 and it turns out some idiot decided to put a crankset on that the largest chainring BCD is 96mm and me being an even bigger idiot bought a raceface NW chainring and found this out after opening it....

Well as the selection of 96mm rings is small and expensive I figured the only option is a new crankset so I only need the basic arms and crank with no chainrings has anyone got any suggestions?

Comments

• poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    what BB do you have and what price?

deore crank triple is £50 new or look for a second hand one.
  • It's a Hollowtech II the annoying part is I only need the arms I don't need any chainrings but can't seem to buy them on their own :?

I'd love to know how bike manufacturers manage to get away with changing the spec so much from listed! Supposed to have M610 which is 104 but has 612 most of the bike spec isn't what it should be.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    So just get some good used Shimano cranks off eBay.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Why not just buy a chain ring that fits? Works Components and Blackspire both do narrow wide rings that fit. The Works is only £30. That's about as cheap as any other narrow wide's.
  • Herdwick
    Herdwick Posts: 523
    peter413 wrote:
    Why not just buy a chain ring that fits?
    all ready bought one so a 30quid crank set will suit him just fine
    Deore second hand is a good choice
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut