Thule Freeride 532 650b doesn't work

samcivilised
samcivilised Posts: 73
edited February 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Just fitted my new Thule Freeride 532 carrier and upright stabilising bar does reach the bike :?

Anyone else had this issue?

My bike is a Saracen Killi 12X 650b

Comments

• I've got those 29er and a 650B it works fine on them.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Adjust it so it fits then.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse wrote:
    Adjust it so it fits then.
    Oh yeh! I didnt think of that!

What would I have done without your words of wisdom!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Do I detect a note of sarcasm?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    "upright stabilising bar does reach the bike"

So what's the problem, unless it's written badly.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • Wheel restraints are out to the max on the bars and the upright stabiliser doesn't extend far enough to meet the downtube

I can get it to connect to the very bottom of the downtube but the front wheel restraint doesn't line up with the wheel, it will fasten but only a few clicks and doesn't feel stable/locked in
  • nicklouse
    ok then Post up pics of where you are at.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Wheel restraints are out to the max on the bars and the upright stabiliser doesn't extend far enough to meet the downtube

I can get it to connect to the very bottom of the downtube but the front wheel restraint doesn't line up with the wheel, it will fasten but only a few clicks and doesn't feel stable/locked in

Hi.

Might be hard to put in words or easy to explain, with mine the stabiliser goes just above the front sprockets/chain wheels and then I moved the wheel clamps to fit directly under the wheels, the front wheel clamp is just about as far forward as it will go and the rear one is around 8" forward of full back and that's on a Giant Anthem Large 29er.

Hope you can understand what I'm trying to say from the description :)
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I have one Thule freeride and two prorides. They have all had road bikes, downhill bikes 26" xc/enduro bikes, 29ers and 650b bikes. No problems with any of them when adjusted to suit.
  • nicklouse
    As above.

So again let's see where you are with your adjustments.