Canyon Service (spoiler alert = fantastic)

gdcfc1
gdcfc1 Posts: 127
edited February 2015 in Road buying advice
I have to share my (fantastic) Canyon Bikes story. Saturday January 31 visited the almost Art Museum factory/store in Koblenz. Absolutely fantastic personal service from the completely knowledgeable salesman. He knew his stuff and never once tried to oversell to me. Selected the Ultimate CF SL and added the right extras. Discounts for extras kick in with bike order. Delivery week was to be last week of February – perfect, it is frigidly cold anyway! Purchase process was smooth and easy.

So with an anticipated 3-4 weeks for delivery I left happy and was set to wait for February to crawl by. Imagine my surprise then to get the email on Tuesday Feb 2 that DHL had been contacted to pick it up then the email on Thursday Feb 4 it arrived at my home near Frankfurt – perfectly packaged and all there in the BikeGuard box.

A happy evening spent yesterday putting the few bits in place and I have my new bike ready to go!

Thank you Canyon Bikes – what a super, efficient service.
looking into the +1

Comments

• mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    When my 2year old Canyon developed a seat tube crack, I thought "oh sh$t, now I am going to find out why they are so cheap" and expected to be off the trails for weeks at best :(

how wrong was I :)
    i sent some pics, filled in a very short form and within a week had a new upgraded frame, as i swopped over all the bits my self, they gave me 2 sets of Canyon shorts and bibs, worth £180 ish, they would have paid me up to £120 for a LBS to do this.
    I also got a personal phone call from their product support manager in Germany apologising for any inconvenience.

contrast this with a friends Spesh, cracked frame (BB area), 1 week old, took him weeks to get a new frame out of them and has had no end of issues with creaking BB and headset issues.
  • gdcfc1
    @mamba80 - delighted to hear it in case I need such support, I can have confidence ..... though, of course I hope I don't anyway. :)
    looking into the +1
  • gdcfc1 wrote:
    @mamba80 - delighted to hear it in case I need such support, I can have confidence ..... though, of course I hope I don't anyway. :)

If you try taking your bike on the trails you may find out sooner than later.........
  • gdcfc1
    It's the Ultimate so not planning on trail riding on it :)
    looking into the +1