Giant Propel sizing??

ironman69
ironman69 Posts: 40
edited February 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi There

I am looking at a Giant Propel for the odd TT/Crit I currently have a Giant Defy SL 2013 in Medium size - I know that trying the bike out for size etc is the only way to really be sure what suits me but has anyone on here had to have a Small size frame for a Giant TCR or Propel coming from a Defy Medium??

Thanks in advance

IM

Comments

• Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    How tall are you?
  • ollie51
    ollie51 Posts: 517
    ironman69 wrote:
    Hi There

I am looking at a Giant Propel for the odd TT/Crit I currently have a Giant Defy SL 2013 in Medium size - I know that trying the bike out for size etc is the only way to really be sure what suits me but has anyone on here had to have a Small size frame for a Giant TCR or Propel coming from a Defy Medium??

Thanks in advance

IM

If the medium defy fits you, there's no way you'd go down a size for the propel, that's quite a big jump in frame stack and headtube length. Could be the case that no Propel fits - you need to go and try one.
  • Hi Omar

I'm 5ft 9" with a 29.5" inside leg

My LBS sold me a medium TCR a while back based on the Medium fit Defy I was riding at the time and I had problems with the fit in the end I gave up and went back to the Defy in SL form - The shop in question has had a complete revamp since - and after having a chat with them and reminding them of my previous dilemma they are 100% convinced that Small Propel would be the way to go.

Now I can here you all saying well go try one - I am in the Navy so it's not quite that simple - but want to order one as there is a bit of a wait for the Propel SL2 model, so the idea is for them to have it ready for when I get back for my leave period.

So if anyone has had this experience then it would be great to know.

Cheers in advance

IM