Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning.
    Traditional mild hangover Thursday. I'm not going out for my traditional Wednesday drink next week, I'm going out for a completely different Wednesday drink.
  • Evening all. Wishing you a better Thursday than the one I've just endured. This will not be difficult.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    That surely needs expanding. I did have to go into Tesco en route to work today. One of my team is departing so cake and card were required. I am told by everyone else that they are going for lunch as well. I believe it would be rude not to attend even if it does throw a spanner in the works

Bought some new shoes last night (was after midnight so though I had not slept it was still a new day), went with Grenson in the end over Barker, I am not an accountant.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • sa0u823e wrote:
    That surely needs expanding.

Refer the Tuesday thread for the background...

This is supposed to be a training course for a software package aimed at technical and functional people. Somehow, they've determined the best way to do this is without providing a single minute of hands on access to a demo system at all, preferring to show hundreds of PowerPoint slides of what some of the screens look like instead. The commentary for this has been delivered by an Indian bloke, and while his actual English skills are excellent, the accent is *ahem* thick, and his voice sounds rather like a robotised Christopher Walken. Oh, we're in Australia, and he is - I am not making this up - phoning in to deliver the 3 hour monologues from Singapore over a single speakerphone handset in a conference room that could hold 40 people. He's using a particularly cheap headset and microphone to do it too, sounds like a frickin echo chamber.

In addition, as is common in these courses, there is pretty much zero focus on how this thing can be used. All they want to show you is what buttons it has.

To really cap it off, I will have to present a summary back to my own colleagues about it. My firm has decided this is a big "focus" this year and want me to be the resident expert. After the last three days, one to go, I'd rather carve Runic script onto my eyeballs with a blunt scalpel.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • F**king annoyed at myself..
    Arranged a meeting several weeks ago for 11am today. Missed last 20km of Dubai Tour on Eurosport as a result :-(
    Must look at Cycle calendar before arranging any meetings.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    Have arranged to go out for a bite to eat in town but as one mate that I am meeting is a Canary Wharf based banker he can't make it till 7.30. So I'm sat in the office killing time....ho hum. At least someone works harder than me.

I will pedal into work tomorrow no matter how unappealing it may seem when waking up tomorrow feeling on less than top form.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    sa0u823e wrote:
    I am not an accountant.

It was nice meeting you at the accountancy conference the other day.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Would have been better had you not woken me from my sleep.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy