Not really a Beginner, more like a returner!

sithebike
sithebike Posts: 213
edited February 2015 in MTB beginners
Hi everyone,

I used to do a lot of MTB'ing about 18 years ago. As circumstances in my life changed the MTB was cast aside and I bought a road bike.
I still road ride quite a lot but I have been wanting to get out on a MTB again.
I took delivery today of a new Giant Trance 27.5 2. It looks like an awesome bike.
Unfortunately it looks like I will be working this weekend so I will not be getting out until next weekend.

I'm sure I will probably have lots of questions about bike setup etc as the technology on MTB's has moved on so much since I last rode.

Looking forward to getting out and seeing how rusty my MTB skills really are!

Comments

• Similar to me, although the gap has been about 8 or 9 years.

Just building myself up a hardtail which should hopefully be finished this month. Cant wait to get on the trails.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Welcome back to the fun side of cycling!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • snowster
    snowster Posts: 490
    The Rookie wrote:
    All cycling is fun its just different horse's for different courses
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    snowster wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:
    All cycling is fun its just different horse's for different courses
    Road biking is self flagellation not cycling - honest!

OK you maybe into a bit of self flagellation I suppose making it fun?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.