Hungover Hump Day (The Return)

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited February 2015 in The bottom bracket
Work party got out of hand. Missed the last tube home and had to get a taxi. Had to get the tube this morning.

meh

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Marvellous, what was the party in aid of?
    Lots of work grief going on at the moment, also trying to sort out the old man's car. A Toyota main dealer is trying to charge him £240 for plugging it into a diagnostic machine. Hardly surprising the motor trade gets such a bad name.
    Drinking tonight, I need it.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Walked the dogs on the beach, cold but beautiful, came to work, off to test drive an A3 at lunch then I get to meet the lawyers regarding work and work stuff.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Walked the dogs on the beach, cold but beautiful, came to work, off to test drive an A3 at lunch then I get to meet the lawyers regarding work and work stuff.
    Isn't there a thread about all A3 drivers being cnuts? Don't be a Jessie, buy a Porsche 968.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Start of season dinner party at the Shard (only 34th floor tho). We have a new joiner who was quite drunk and kept demanding to go to the viewing platform. Taxi home was only a tenner, which was a result.
  • Flâneur
    2 dogs V68 not just the bike, anyway the bike would go on the roof for the aesthetic look.

New joiner made a good impression then
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    sa0u823e wrote:
    2 dogs V68 not just the bike, anyway the bike would go on the roof for the aesthetic look.
    If the bikes are going on the outside it should be like this:
    jaguar-f-type-built-by-svo-for-team-sky-tour-de-france-cycling-team_100473286_l.jpg
    How big are the dogs?
  • Flâneur
    tumblr_n4hqdzx7M81qzxsb4o1_500.jpg

Springer (so easy) and a weimaraner (not so easy)
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    The Porch does look better, but it proves the point the bikes should be over the back not directly over the roof.
    Nice dogs, I see what I thought was a slightly unkempt wiemaraner most mornings in the park. Turns out it's a Slovakian pointer. Lovely thing, almost invisible in long grass though.
  • Flâneur
    The weimaraner is nicknamed a ghost, and I understand why these days, she just blends in to anything.

I am half tempted with TT and hanging the bike over the rear like that, just a pain for climbing and dogs. But the abuse I would receive for driving said car by everyone I know may not be worth the quality of the drive and the hassle of the dogs :)
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    Evening Gimboids,

Great email exchange with the boss today after one of my team decided to retire.
    Boss: "Great chance to 'upskill' and get someone dynamic into the team who can do x, y and z." (x, y and z being stuff that the retiring bloke can't do)
    Me: "I know. I've already got the pay for that job description benchmarked and its a grade up from the old job because of x, y and z, obviously. You just need to sign the recruitment authorisation form I left on your desk."
    Boss: "Times are tight, we can't be seen to be increasing costs."
    Me: "But we won't be be able to recruit someone who can do x, y and z for what we're paying currently."
    Boss: "What will you cut from your budget to make up the difference."
    Me: "I have nothing left to cut, you slashed my budget by £150k last month."
    Boss: "But you haven't budgeted for this increase." (about £10k tops)
    Me: "How could I do that, the budgets were finalised last month and I only found out about him retiring 2 days ago? In any event you said last month we were't allowed to budget for any salary increases over inflation so if I had known last month and tried to budget for it, you would have said no."

No reply from the boss so far to that.

:roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Meeting fun in high Wycombe equalled a long day, tomorrow's is in Birmingham- should have stayed over :( got home to see I've been rejected for ride London again

Good football news tonight though
  • Flâneur
    I'm glad my boss says budget be damned, and damn the bursar to boot
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Meeting fun in high Wycombe equalled a long day, tomorrow's is in Birmingham- should have stayed over :( got home to see I've been rejected for ride London again
    Wierd, I got rejected for Ride London as well, but I never entered in the ferkin first place :?
    matthew h wrote:
    Jammy tw@ts.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Wierd, I got rejected for Ride London as well, but I never entered in the ferkin first place :?
    matthew h wrote:
    Jammy tw@ts.

Play nice!
  • Flâneur
    pfft he is just jealous. Of what I do not know
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Jammy tw@ts.

Play nice!
    Forgot the smiley :wink:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    A Waimeraner and a Spaniel!? That must be a bit mad but fun.

@Stevo, sounds like you want the job.

@VN. pretty sure you could get an OBD2 scanner specific to that car for much much less than £240. I was charged £45 for plugging the exhaust manifold Lambda sensor on my SAAB back in after I specifically told them it was in limp home mode and I unscrewed it because it was going like a bag of nails.

Cycled in Arctic conditions today. Mangled. Tomorrow is another day...

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    matthew h wrote:

As a Trotter I can't agree with that :(