Star of Besseges *spoilers*

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited February 2015 in Pro race
Cracking little race in a lovely area of France. This is always my season starter
startlist
http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Etoile_de_Besseges_2015-startlist

Army team has Alaphilippes brother in it (19)
5546-gcj-etoile-de-besseges-2015.jpg

Comments

• The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Echelons, I believe.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy
    100km to go and the gap to front group is ~1'52"
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    28 man front echelon: Bryan Coquard (Team Europcar), Steve Morabito, Arnaud Courteille (FDJ), Alexis Gougeard (AG2R La Mondiale), Giacomo Nizzolo, Marco Coledan (Trek Factory Racing), Pello Bilbao, Miguel Angel Benito (Caja Rural), Tony Gallopin (Lotto-Soudal), Michael Van Staeyen, Anthony Turgis, Loïc Chetout, Christophe Laporte (Cofidis), Marco Marcato, Roy Jans (Wanty-Groupe Gobert), Jonathan Hivert, Romain Feillu (Bretagne-Séché Environnement), Antoine Warnier (Wallonie-Bruxelles), Bert Van Lerberghe, Floris De Tier, Sander Helven (Topsport Vlaanderen-Baloise), Brian Van Goethem (Team Roompot), Evaldas Siskevicius, Alexandre Blain, Rémy Di Gregorio, Julien Loubet (Team Marseille 13-KTM), Gorik Gardeyn (Veranclassic-Ekoï) et Julien Duval (Armée de Terre)
  • The_Boy
    83km and gap @ 1'30"
  • The_Boy
    62km and the gap is just shy of 2 minutes. One of the front group (Gorik Gardeyn) has been dropped is back in the main peloton.
  • The_Boy
    More echelons apparently...
  • The_Boy
    Seems to be front group of 27 with 1'10" advantage over second group of 25. Main peloton a further 20 seconds or so further back.
  • The_Boy
    Regrouppement between front two groups on the road. Peloton @ ~1'10"
  • The_Boy
    13 off the front of the lead group:

Cyril Gautier (Team Europcar), Arnaud Courteille (FDJ), Gougeard (AG2R-La Mondiale), Marco Coledan (Trek Factory Racing), Jelle Vanendert (Lotto-Soudal), Kris Boeckmans, Pim Ligthart (Lotto-Soudal), Loic Chetout (Cofidis), Elliot Lietaer, Sander Helven (Topsport), Brian Van Goethem (Roompot), Evaldas Siskevicius (Marseille 13-KTM) et Julien Duval (Armée de Terre).

They seem to have about 30 seconds on the second group on the road. Peloton close to 2 minutes back and falling. Game over for them.
  • Pim for the win, I reckon
  • The_Boy
    1. Kris Boeckmans (Lotto-Soudal)
    2. Edward Theuns (Topsport Vlaanderen-Baloise)
    3. Marco Coledan (Trek Factory Racing)
    4. Cyril Gautier (Team Europcar)
    5. Julien Duval (Armée de Terre)
    6. Evaldas Siskevicius (Marseille 13-KTM)
    7. Arnaud Courteille (FDJ)
    8. Alexis Gougeard (AG2R-La Mondiale)
    9. Loic Chetout (Cofidis)
    10. Brian Van Goethem (Roompot)
  • A few decent riders starting their season here, Tommy V, Rolland, Pinot and a host of 2nd tier classics guys
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • proper pipe opener
    B9BCUYpIMAAWkKq.jpg:large
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    According to DirectVelo, the Peloton has averaged 28km/h for the first 80km today. 77km to go, the lone escapee is Tim Kerkhoff from Roompot, with 4'12"
  • The_Boy
    1-Roy Jans (Wanty-Groupe Gobert)
    2-Alexandre Blain (Team Marseille 13-KTM)
    3-Bob Jungels (Trek)
    4-Marco Coledan (Trek)
    5-Yannick Martinez (Europcar)
    6-Olivier Chevalier (Wallonie-Bruxelles)
    7-Antoine Demoitié (Wallonie-Bruxelles)
    8-Baptiste Planckaert (Roubaix-Lille Métropole)
    9-Edward Theuns (Topsport Vlaanderen-Baloise)
    10-Fabio Silverstre (Trek)

Boeckmans and Coquard involved in a crash, Boeckmans retains the overall lead.
  • Crampeur wrote:
    According to DirectVelo, the Peloton has averaged 28km/h for the first 80km today. "
    I went faster than that on my commute this morning
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Was there a big crash?
  • european racing again!

10982582_841093745933606_3600144361159013642_o.jpg
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Joelsim wrote:
    Was there a big crash?
    Bad weather and huffing
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • 10498670_767621213327610_8815954991907774326_o.jpg

Great shot
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Coquard win #1

coquard-sprint-besseges-2015-cyclisme_7142b17ee62713447cfba283879b9de1.jpg?itok=inN5FCTe
  • The_Boy
    Galloping Gallopin wins today.