Difference between DA 9000 and DA 9001 STI Levers

designman
designman Posts: 405
edited February 2015 in Road buying advice
Noticed on some online websites that some are selling Dura Ace 9000 STI Levers, and some are selling Dura Ace 9001 STI Levers - Can anyone tell me what the difference is between them both?
Was there an issue problem with the DA 9000 STI Levers?

Comments

• DA 9000 sti's had a problem with breaking the cables, 9001 has a different cable route to address the problem.
    I purchased some DA shifters from PBK last year, and although they were listed as 9000 they are in fact 9001.
    I think this was an early change (2013) so I cannot imagine that there are many 9000 levers left in the retail chain. Maybe contact the retailer direct and get them to confirm which model they stock.
  • I had some 9001 shifters broke 2 cables in six months, fixed!!!.
  • DA 9000 sti's had a problem with breaking the cables, 9001 has a different cable route to address the problem.

Does this mean there was a problem with the DA Cables or the actual STI Levers?
  • designman wrote:
    DA 9000 sti's had a problem with breaking the cables, 9001 has a different cable route to address the problem.

Does this mean there was a problem with the DA Cables or the actual STI Levers?

It was the levers; mine broke 2 cables.

Shimano as usual would not admit responsibility even when it's clear they changed the cable routing specifically to address this problem.

They also fail to admit any problems with creaking DA cassettes, and watch out for the EWW01 Di2 gear position sender that needs updating before it will work.