Trans Pennine way ADVICE!

Dannyboy95
Dannyboy95 Posts: 245
edited February 2015 in MTB general
How do!!

Going to be doing the Trans Pennine trail this April was just wondering has anyone on here done it? i'm very certain someone has, were planning on doing it in 50 mile sections. I Have searched the tinterweb for info on what very difficult parts of the trail I might come across. The reason I ask is because I had a serious motorbike accident last year which resulted in snapping my bones in two in my right arm and I now have plates and rods holding my arm together (still giving me abit of jip now to be honest) If the terrain is very very tough and all the bumping and slamming I wonder how my arm will fare?

So if someone could give me some info on the hardcore parts of the trail and how you fared with them or if there are any slightly less bumpy paths I can take that would be grand!

Tar
cosna kick a bo agen a wo and ed it back till it bos-UP HANLEY ME DUCK

NO STAIRWAY....DENIED!

D.Leyland
Current Bike-TREK 4500
Previous Bikes
:Giant Roam 3
:Bianchi Nirone 7

Comments

• kirby700
    kirby700 Posts: 458
    The East Yorkshire part is mainly road to be honest, the bits that are off roady are fairly soft so shouldn't be too bad unless the tide is in in which case there are Diversions.
    GIANT XTC 2.5
    BOARDMAN TEAM FS - NOW GONE
    NUKEPROOF MEGA TR 275 COMP
    YT INDUSTRIES CAPRA
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    I've walked parts on both sides of the Pennines and live next to a section, nothing difficult, stuff like disused railway lines, tow paths, country lanes, back roads etc.