10 speed Crank on 11 Speed Groupset?

taavisudhipol
taavisudhipol Posts: 17
edited February 2015 in Road buying advice
My bikes currently running a FSA K-Force Light BB30 Road Crankset which is a 10 speed. I am interested in upgrading from my 10 speed 105 to ultegra di2 which is a 11 speed. Would this be Compatible with my 10 speed crankset?

Thank you for you advice

Comments

• No problems
  • Been running a 10 speed FSA Crank on an 11 setup with no issue. There are 10 and 10/11 speed rings available from FSA, but I'd be buggered if I could tell any difference.

Significantly, I don't recall them having different rings on offer for Campag 11, which predated Shimao and SRAM 11, so if the 10-speed were fine then, they're fine now.
  • Thank you for you advice. I will go ahead with it then.
  • am using a 10 speed sram red chainset with an 11 speed d/ace set up = no issues.
  • I recently bought a new old stock SL-K Light Crankset with the stamp N10 on the rings. I emailed FSA to ask if it was OK to fit on my 11 speed bike. Below is their reply.

"Thanks for your e-mail, this crank set essentially is the same part we now label as N10/11 the only difference being the graphic including 11 to show the new compatibility with 11 speed after testing."

BTW C10 is Campy 10spd, C11 is Campy 11spd. Not sure if C10 works instead of C11 as I didn't ask that question.
  • Thank you all for the replies. Its been a great help.

Regards
    Taa