Stolen (again!): Merida TFS-550 D Trail : 01/2/15 Nottingham

angry_meerkat
angry_meerkat Posts: 2
edited February 2015 in MTB stolen
Hello all,

firstly, it's not really my first post, just the first in ages... but I can't reset my password after the upgrade or something.

Anyway, I had my old bike stolen from the garage last night. This is REALLY ANNOYING since I've only just rebuilt the damn thing after it was stolen and recovered last time! This time from a different house!

Date/Time: Early hours of 1st February 2015
Frame number: Can't find where I wrote it down. Still looking.

Grey/silver 19" 2008 Merida MATTS TFS-550D Trail, the one with the seat-tube gusset thing.
Bunch of gouges in the paint from the last time it was nicked.
Tora 302 Coil U-Turn
Really customised, AKA built from spares. Quite unique, I've never seen another one of these in the flesh, let alone with the following bits on there:

* Titec ElNorte stem, 50mm
* 1x brand new Avid Elixir brake in WHITE
* 1x used Hayes Stroker Trail in GREY (can't remember which of these was the front)
* 180mm disc front, 160mm rear - Superstar rotors I think
* 1x9 drivetrain with N-Gear jump stop
* XT rear mech
* Selle San Marco saddle (again, brand new, I sat on it three times). Very recognisable, silver with a red stripe. I think it's actually a roadie saddle.
* Mavic rims on Deore, brand new, with some Continental Speed King tyres.
* Black flatties, cheap ones with cast pins.
* Octalink BB.

I've not even got a bloody photo of it built up with the new bits. Honestly. The frame looks exactly like this:
viewtopic.php?p=15672810

It's not the most expensive, or newest, or most fancy bike; it's just really galling to know all the effort I went to rebuilding & servicing it will be enjoyed by some scrote.

Will update further if I can find some photos somewhere.

Cheers,

Ben.