I Need help in choosing a bike please

charriden
charriden Posts: 10
edited February 2015 in MTB buying advice
I have narrowed it down to the Cube Stereo 120 HPA Pro 29er Mountain Bike 2015 and the Cube AMS 120 Pro 29 Mountain Bike 2014. The two links are below:

http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/p/1787 ... -bike-2015

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/cube ... prod114098

It seems to me the set ups are quite similar so i can't decide. has anyone tried both?

I will be using it for XC and and trails.

Open to other bike suggestions as well

Thanks.

Comments

• Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    edited February 2015
    I'd go with the stereo, purely as I believe the reba's are a better fork than the evolution series fox ctd.
  • yea I've been leaning towards the Stereo but when i read into the ams it was similar. I think i prefer the damper layout of the stereo as well. anyone got any other bikes that compare well?
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The Reba fork would decide it for me. Evolution series Fox forks are terrible.
    In what way do you prefer the Stereo's shock layout? They work the same on both bikes but just look a bit different.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    The Reba fork would decide it for me. Evolution series Fox forks are terrible.
    In what way do you prefer the Stereo's shock layout? They work the same on both bikes but just look a bit different.

I would follow the same thinking about reba's.
  • The Reba fork would decide it for me. Evolution series Fox forks are terrible.

the rear shock layout
  • rockmonkeysc
    In what way? Aesthetics? Mechanics?
  • In what way? Aesthetics? Mechanics?

Mechanics as its more AM. Im wasn't really sure what was best as I do want an all rounder for XC and trail and enduro but i can't have everything so i have to substitute
  • rockmonkeysc
    They may have the shocks in different positions but they work in the same way. Mechanically the linkages actuate the shock the same. The Stereo has more relaxed geometry but its still no AM bike, its more xc/trail.
  • They may have the shocks in different positions but they work in the same way. Mechanically the linkages actuate the shock the same. The Stereo has more relaxed geometry but its still no AM bike, its more xc/trail.

roger that thanks. Thinking maybe stereo it is.
  • You could get a boardman fs pro for £1300 with the right discounts