2012 BMC SLR01 or 2015 Supersix Ultegra

Sello88
Sello88 Posts: 13
edited February 2015 in Road buying advice
I've been offered a virtually unused BMC SLR01 with full Sram Red 10 speed groupset and Mavic Ksyrium Elite SLS wheels.
For very similar money I can get a brand new Cannondale Supersix Evo SM with 11 speed Ultegra.
From what I've been told the SLR01 frameset is more akin in quality to the Himod version of the Cannondale. Also the older bike has better wheels than the new Evo. Against that, the BMC would be a private buy with no dealer back-up and only ten speed. With discount the Evo is around £1700 and the BMC about the same.
Any advice on which is the better bike and better value for money would be appreciated.

Comments

• Toss a coin
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • I doubt there will be much objective difference but if it helps I really, really want a BMC SLR01 as I think they're fantastic! HTH!
  • robbo2011
    robbo2011 Posts: 1,017
    I own a 2012 SLR01 with exactly the same spec as above (same wheels even) and it is great. But I am sure the cannonade is good too. However, the Cannondale has a BB30 so a that would make me hesitate buying the Cannonade.
  • robbo2011 wrote:
    I own a 2012 SLR01 with exactly the same spec as above (same wheels even) and it is great. But I am sure the cannonade is good too. However, the Cannondale has a BB30 so a that would make me hesitate buying the Cannonade.
    I think the PF30 on Cannondale is ok, unlike BB30 on CAAD10.
    2015 Trek Domane 4.5 Disc
    http://chup.info/c/tag/trek/