Adjusting air forks

Jams2000
Jams2000 Posts: 7
edited February 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi All,

Picked up a Voodoo Bizango at the weekend as my new found love for trails destroyed my hybrid..

So last night I decided to have a play with the fork settings. When connecting the fork pump it read 0 so I pumped it up to 30 PSI and found no real difference. I then connected the fork pump back up and it read 0 again, so this time I went to 100 PSI but still found little to no change and the pump read zero when I connected it back up.

I’m sure it’s a case of newbie error so wanted to see if someone could help? I have checked the Suntour manual but it doesn't go into detail on SAG settings it just gives a % in relation to fork travel….

Thanks
James

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    have a read. viewtopic.php?f=40073&t=12562497
    and yes a % is all you need as it depends on many many things.

your valve might be faulty IE loose try tightening the inner core with a suitable tool.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If the pressure in the fork is zero it will plunge through nearly all its travel as soon as you get on, so it its not then it sounds like a problem with the pump not depressing the pint in the valve and thus not filling with pressurised air.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thanks for the replies guys, it sounds like a problem with the valve or pump. I'll take it in to Halfords and try it with a different pump....
  • Turns out a little bit of moisture did the trick.