A definition of pleasure…..

slowmart
slowmart Posts: 4,516
edited February 2015 in The bottom bracket
On my chinstrap, into a headwind when I get shielded by a hedge.

Bliss.
“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Never managed to pi55 higher than my chest in a head wind, so we'll done, chapeau :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    dipping into a cafe only 5 miles from home this afternoon, far to close to ever stop at in the past, but the temperature and windchill persuaded us, going from sub zero and lungs aching to 20+ degrees was ... bliss
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    Slowmart wrote:

Bliss.

Agreed! It was horrendous today, riding through mostly open farmland at 12/13mph with thighs burning from the effort. Then you see loads of club runs all coming the other way, grinning and flying along at 25+mph. :|
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    NorvernRob wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:

Bliss.

Agreed! It was horrendous today, riding through mostly open farmland at 12/13mph with thighs burning from the effort. Then you see loads of club runs all coming the other way, grinning and flying along at 25+mph. :|

agreed - good base miles though
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Slowmart wrote:

If you are going ino a headwind and you get shielded by the hedge - does that not mean you are about to run into the hedge? Am I missing something? Do you work for a hedge fund?
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • debeli
    debeli Posts: 583
    Riding in a tailwind that means my Camel filter isn't affected by airflow.

Ashtray on the handlebar of my lightish (but not too flash) steel road bike.

Campagnolo Ergoshifters (mid-range) and a nice 9-or-10 speed cassette with an Olde-Worlde 39/53 on the front.

Modern brakes, rims and tyres. Everything smooth and clickety-click and just serviced. No slack anywhere.

Two pipes from my CamelbaK - one with cool water and the other with a modest but full-bodied Rioja.

Yummy baguettes (brie and grape) in my back pockets. Maybe also a banana and some fig rolls.

Nowhere particular to go and no time to get there.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........