What can I do to this - commercial supreme

dominik379
dominik379 Posts: 22
edited February 2015 in Your mountain bikes
I bought this for £230 off my uncle and it now has brakes on and I'm just wonder if it would need upgrading in anyway or if its alright for the price

http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/domin ... 3a7947.jpg

cheers

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    That link doesn't work but I saw it in your other thread. Leave it as it is and get out to some local downhill trails. It's built like a tank so ride it hard.
  • My mum and dad live up in cragside estate in northumberland where there is 14 acres of land and live in the middle of no where and there is trails up there :)

my dad has just bought a Norco fluid 7.1

there is a trail up there that my dad done in 1.38mins and the fastest time for the trail is 26 seconds with a top speed of 24.5 mph - crazy!
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    It's a fairly heavy hitting bike, ideal for the more gnarly trails but a bit of a tank for riding up hill.
    24.5mph isn't fast for a DH trail, I was clocked at 38mph through the speed trap in one race, the pro riders were hitting 45mph plus. 26 seconds is a very short trail though!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    dominik379 wrote:
    there is a trail up there that my dad done in 1.38mins and the fastest time for the trail is 26 seconds with a top speed of 24.5 mph - crazy!
    Which bit is crazy? The time or the speed? I dont know the trail but the I've hit a lot more than that offroad.

The trouble is with the Supreme it will be nice coming down, going up and on the flat will be very unenjoyable though.....VERY......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.