Forum home Road cycling forum The cake stop

I'd rather be bald……

slowmartslowmart Posts: 4,041
edited January 2015 in The cake stop
wise.jpg


Adolf-Hitler-572.jpg


:shock:
“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
«1

Posts

  • pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 14,214
    He wouldn't. Clearly.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • VTechVTech Posts: 4,736
    You can always style a bad haircut, you can't do owt with a bald head.

    If I could have one luxury right now it would be a head of hair :)
    Living MY dream.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,933
    VTech wrote:
    You can always style a bad haircut, you can't do owt with a bald head.

    If I could have one luxury right now it would be a head of hair :)

    Elton managed that luxury :)
  • VTechVTech Posts: 4,736
    matthew h wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    You can always style a bad haircut, you can't do owt with a bald head.

    If I could have one luxury right now it would be a head of hair :)

    Elton managed that luxury :)

    His wigs cost in the region of £20,000 each.
    He has a collection, have you any idea how many cars that would buy :mrgreen:
    Anyway, for me, I would like real hair, having fake doesn't work for me.
    Living MY dream.
  • mamba80mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    VTech wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    You can always style a bad haircut, you can't do owt with a bald head.

    If I could have one luxury right now it would be a head of hair :)

    Elton managed that luxury :)

    His wigs cost in the region of £20,000 each.
    He has a collection, have you any idea how many cars that would buy :mrgreen:
    Anyway, for me, I would like real hair, having fake doesn't work for me.

    how about implants using your own hair follicle's? thats your own real hair, post the before and after pics?
  • city_boycity_boy Posts: 1,616
    VTech wrote:
    You can always style a bad haircut, you can't do owt with a bald head.

    You could buff it to a lovely shine :)
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,284
    Some heads they made perfect, the rest they covered in hair.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 14,214
    VTech wrote:
    You can always style a bad haircut, you can't do owt with a bald head.

    If I could have one luxury right now it would be a head of hair :)
    You do have a full choice of colours. :lol:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • norvernrobnorvernrob Posts: 1,410
    Hair is just an inconvenience. I shave mine to grade 2 all over - no messing about with it!
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,284
    norvernrob wrote:
    Hair is just an inconvenience. I shave mine to grade 2 all over - no messing about with it!

    That's cos your Norvern. Those southern softies want botox, liposuction, nips, tucks, hair dye and comb overs when they get to 30.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,083
    Some heads they made perfect, the rest they covered in hair.
    Are you implying that you're a slap head? :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • VTechVTech Posts: 4,736
    I have thought about implants but my luck, would go wrong and I would end up with a scar on the back of my head and no hair on the top.
    Damn genetics.
    Living MY dream.
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 5,016
    Just don't go there.

    Donald_Trump_1106836c.jpg
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • PituophisPituophis Posts: 1,025
    Long term slap head here, and although I've never lost any sleep over it, I think I would have liked to keep it a bit longer given the choice. Far too tight fisted to spend any money on it though. :shock:
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,819
    Cue ball here.
    Once it's gone, it's gone.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,489 Lives Here
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Some heads they made perfect, the rest they covered in hair.
    Are you implying that you're a slap head? :)
    I reckon that's more than implying, Piña is bald as a coot. Tried being bald once, didn't like it and was quite happy when it grew back. Fortunately with a bit less grey in it. I am in need of a haircut at the moment, but it does keep my head warm. When I was bald I found it wasn't so much the top of my head that felt the cold more the back of my neck. Maybe I should go for a Pat Sharp mullet and have 3 different hairstyles all going on at once.
  • CHRISNOIRCHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I used to be right ponce with my hair. It was curly so I spent ages with dryers, straigheners, gels, pastes and 'product'. Then, about three years ago, my hairline started to recede and then thin out. I took a deep breath and started to get my hair cut really short.

    I've never looked back. I save myself about five hours a day.
  • Graham.Graham. Posts: 862
    I have a luxurious head of hair (some would say scruffy) and intend to grow until it is long enough to sit on!
    Sometimes it's a bit of a pain and I'm tempted to cut it short, but my barber says if I do I'll never grow it again.
    I'm 56 and my Dads 85 and still got most of his (Lost his marbles though. :( )
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,819
    I do find that I have to be extra careful to avoid little bumps and scrapes. No hair means no early warning of impending bump.
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,819
    Graham. wrote:
    I have a luxurious head of hair (some would say scruffy) and intend to grow until it is long enough to sit on!
    Sometimes it's a bit of a pain and I'm tempted to cut it short, but my barber says if I do I'll never grow it again.
    I'm 56 and my Dads 85 and still got most of his (Lost his marbles though. :( )


    Rapunzel.
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 6,813
    Bruce Willis
    Sean Connery
    Jason Statham
    Yul Brunner
    Ballysmate

    Enough said, who needs hair :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Graham.Graham. Posts: 862
    ballysmate wrote:
    Graham. wrote:
    I have a luxurious head of hair (some would say scruffy) and intend to grow until it is long enough to sit on!
    Sometimes it's a bit of a pain and I'm tempted to cut it short, but my barber says if I do I'll never grow it again.
    I'm 56 and my Dads 85 and still got most of his (Lost his marbles though. :( )


    Rapunzel.

    That's me! :D
  • bianchimoonbianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    seanoconn wrote:
    Bruce Willis
    Sean Connery
    Jason Statham
    Yul Brunner
    Ballysmate
    Bianchimoon

    Enough said, who needs hair :D
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,819
    seanoconn wrote:
    Bruce Willis
    Sean Connery
    Jason Statham
    Yul Brunner
    Ballysmate
    Bianchimoon

    Enough said, who needs hair :D

    Right said Fred. :oops: :oops:
  • At this time of year one advantage is you should be able to hear snowflakes landing on your head. :P
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,489 Lives Here
    ballysmate wrote:
    I do find that I have to be extra careful to avoid little bumps and scrapes. No hair means no early warning of impending bump.
    Very true, I remember that. At the moment my hair gives me a warning if anything passes within about 6" of my head. Not very aero.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,284
    ballysmate wrote:
    Cue ball here.
    Once it's gone, it's gone.

    Yep, 'buzz cut' for me, no guard - every 4 weeks. Else my head looks like a landing strip in the jungle for flies.

    Been that way for 18 years.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,819
    ballysmate wrote:
    Cue ball here.
    Once it's gone, it's gone.

    Yep, 'buzz cut' for me, no guard - every 4 weeks. Else my head looks like a landing strip in the jungle for flies.

    Been that way for 18 years.


    Wilkinson quatro every few days.
    Been down the Grade 2 , grade 1, no guard route. Now when I shave my face, I shave my head.
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 5,016
    Graham. wrote:
    ballysmate wrote:
    Graham. wrote:
    I have a luxurious head of hair (some would say scruffy) and intend to grow until it is long enough to sit on!
    Sometimes it's a bit of a pain and I'm tempted to cut it short, but my barber says if I do I'll never grow it again.
    I'm 56 and my Dads 85 and still got most of his (Lost his marbles though. :( )


    Rapunzel.

    That's me! :D

    You are Willie Nelson and I claim my five pounds..
    willie-hair.jpg?2c160c
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,284
    ballysmate wrote:
    ballysmate wrote:
    Cue ball here.
    Once it's gone, it's gone.

    Yep, 'buzz cut' for me, no guard - every 4 weeks. Else my head looks like a landing strip in the jungle for flies.

    Been that way for 18 years.


    Wilkinson quatro every few days.
    Been down the Grade 2 , grade 1, no guard route. Now when I shave my face, I shave my head.

    Respect man, respect.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
Sign In or Register to comment.