How do they compare spec wise please ??

Anthem:

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m1b0s1p494 ... M-X-2-2013

Canyon:

http://www.canyon.com/en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=3573

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Away from the specs as written, the Giant Maestro rear suspension is very well respected, the Canyon often gets slightly less glowing praise, the biggest complaint is that it blows through the travel rather easily.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    The Rookie wrote:
    Away from the specs as written, the Giant Maestro rear suspension is very well respected, the Canyon often gets slightly less glowing praise, the biggest complaint is that it blows through the travel rather easily.

I did read a few good reviews re: Maestro sus etc. also the price @ Pauls is quite good and generally I do like the bike.

Yes, 27.5 wheel size is probably an advantage, additionally I can get the Canyon for approx. 1.1k euros at the mo...

Hmmm...
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    The Rookie wrote:

more likely to be the crapy fox evo shock
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Anthem is excellent, I really liked mine. Brilliant frame and rear suspension. I found the Canyon rather dull and a little flexy as well as the suspension issue mentioned above.
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    If you can stretch you budget a little, a friend of mine has a 2015 Anthem Advanced X2 in small for sale £1200, that has only been ridden twice.