£200 to,spend on shoes

70\ʹspenguin
70\ʹspenguin Posts: 957
edited January 2015 in Road buying advice
I've been wearing NorthWave fondo for the past 3 years and I can't fault then. Super cofy with a bg insole amd wide enough to cover my hobbit feel. However it's time to change footwear to something stiffer and more road oriented and I fancy something's a lite more snazzy. I have a penchant for orange and I notice NorthWave do an orange road shoe.

I'd really rather not go over £200 and I need them to last another 3 years so any recommendationsm would be gravety appreciated. I do like the bont range.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    If you get on with NW's then get the Extreme's. I've got two pair on the go (older version) and the first pair are two years old and still going strong. I too have wide feet and these are the only shoes I can get on with. No need to worry if these are stiff enough, they are!

You can usually find them on Merlin, PBK or Wiggle with a significant discount. Though you may still be able to get the older version, Extreme Tech SBS' if you look around. There's no difference apart from the top ratchet strap/closure is now a dial.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • +1 for the Northwave Extremes
  • Bont Zero+ are fantastic if you can stretch your budget slightly. Super comfy and look amazing! If you have Zipp wheels then all the better as the dimpled surfaces match ;)