Connecting to Rotor Power Cranks

brettjmcc
brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
edited January 2015 in Workshop
I've sent a email to Rotor and Velotech to ask for help, but thought I'd see if anyone could help on the forum.

I bought this week a set of Rotor Cranks from someone.

I have tried to connect to them to make sure that the cranks have the latest software but am not finding it possible. Every time I try I get the message box appear saying it can't connect and make sure the ANT dongle is connected and the cranks are turned on.

The cranks are turned on as I have spun them and the LED flashes.

I am using a Garmin USB2 stick (FCCID 06RUSB2) which works, as it connects to my Forerunner 310XT and Tacx without any issues. Just to make sure, I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled from the Garmin.

I have tried connecting with a laptop running W7 and a desktop running Vista; both have the same result.

I would appreciate it if anyone could assist me to help connect. Thanks!
BMC GF01
Quintana Roo Cd01
Project High End Hack
Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
I like Carbon

Comments

• brettjmcc
    I should add, that I have managed to pair them fine without any issue to my Edge 800 and they seemed to read fine on a 45 min test ride yesterday.
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    I like Carbon
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    For connecting via the laptop, make sure that no other program is using the ANT+ dongle (Garmin Connect) .
    Dongle usually only allows one program at a time to use it.
    Presumably, Rotor have some config software which you are using?
  • brettjmcc
    Good call. I hadn't thought about something like Garmin Express. I stopped that but no luck. Is there a way to see what is using the dongle at a given point?

Yes, Rotor have their own software.
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    I like Carbon
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    I can only suggest a clean reboot... just to make sure that the garmin express isnt hogging the ANT+.. if that dont work .. just await any ideas from Rotor. There will be a way to check but here endeth my techie skillset sadly... but I'm sure it wil be a conflict somewhere. Do you have another dongle? I have Suunto as well as a new small Garmin usb.
  • brettjmcc
    Thanks for the help JGSI. Both Rotor and Velotech got back to me. In the end the answer came from Trainerroad. I've ended up removing all my Garmin software (just to be sure) and then installing only the ANT Agent (not just the drivers). This seems to have worked and I've managed to get he cranks updated to v9
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    I like Carbon