sports direct after taking over evans cycles

2»

Comments

• apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    My Evans is not too bad - its actually at least as good as the LBS round here. The ability to order clothes online and return to store if they dont fit is great too. They have some really good deals at times. And their Rideit events are fantastic - unlike Wiggle they havent got too big and the roads arent swamped with too many bikes doing stupid things, just a smallish group of people riding and having a chat with great feed stations, quite cheap and plenty of free High5 stuff - oh and friendly chaps working them too!

It would be a travesty if Sports Direct take over...
  • "It would be a travesty if Sports Direct take over..."

They won't be. It was a newspaper story rather than anything factual.
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    ilovedirt wrote:
    especially when you consider that ALL of CRCs sales are done online.
    What about the Northern Ireland based buyers who can travel to the Warehouse Showroom or "Flagship" retail store and purchase that way?

At my last count, I've bought 5 bikes from CRC-none of which were online :lol:
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • NeXXus wrote:
    What about the Northern Ireland based buyers who can travel to the Warehouse Showroom or "Flagship" retail store and purchase that way?
    And those of us from not-NI who always find an excuse for a wee detour when passing through Belfast Harbour/City/George Best and en route elsewhere :)
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    NeXXus wrote:
    ilovedirt wrote:
    especially when you consider that ALL of CRCs sales are done online.

At my last count, I've bought 5 bikes from CRC-none of which were online :lol:
    I think you're probably in the minority!
    Either way, CRC massively out-sells and out-values Evans.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5