thoughts on this - possible crack in Boardman frame?

2»

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If they replace the frame only (likely) they have to do the build.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • kirby700
    kirby700 Posts: 458
    When I needed a new frame on mine (paint issues) they rebuilt it for me although I ended up redoing it (loose pivots anyone)
    GIANT XTC 2.5
    BOARDMAN TEAM FS - NOW GONE
    NUKEPROOF MEGA TR 275 COMP
    YT INDUSTRIES CAPRA
  • Well, slight update.....

They are now going to replace the frame and then rebuild the bike. The store manager is going to get back to me in a couple of days once he has been able to look into the availability of getting the same frame as the one I currently have is not the current model.

Will see what he finds!
  • stiscooby
    stiscooby Posts: 139
    Well, thought I would update should anyone ever experience similar issues......

Had a call a week ago Friday (20th Feb) to say they found a frame. I was away visiting family for the weekend so couldn't do anything at the time.

Anyway, took my bike up to the store last Friday evening, had a call yesterday to say it was done, went up to the store on the way home from work to pick it up this eve and all is good! :wink:

Nice new frame, all looks good and they seem to have done a good job swapping everything over as everything seems to work as it should (no dodgy gear changes etc) and I'm sure the bottom bracket feels smoother too so perhaps more grease in this one than the last one :lol:

To be fair to Halfords they kept me informed as and when they said they would and seem to have done a good job so I guess they can't all be bad :D
  • BloggingFit
    BloggingFit Posts: 919
    Good to hear.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • CYCLESPORT1
    CYCLESPORT1 Posts: 471
    Good on Halfords, if you treat them right, they will treat you right !