Anyone run Shimano 11 speed on FSA 10 Chainset?

tim_wand
tim_wand Posts: 2,552
edited January 2015 in Workshop
Basically I am transferring a Ultegra 6800 groupset onto a cannondale evo with a bb30 fsa gossamer chainset.

I don't want the hassle at this point in converting the Bottom Bracket to fit the Ultegra so I m going to run with the fsa gossamer for now, until I can afford a cannondale Sl chainset.

As anyone done this? Of all the Gruppos, Fsa is the only one who goes to the extent of saying don't run 11 speed with 10. Something to do with the lighter spring pressure in shimano 11 speed front mechs.

Could also be something to do with them wanting to flog more N10/11 Chainrings.

Comments

• keezx
    keezx Posts: 1,322
    I would give it a try and ignore FSA.
    All over the world people are reporting that it works.
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    I run 6800 with a 10 speed Sram red chainset without any issues, I can't see FSA being any different.
  • On my bike there isn't a single drivetrain component that is supposed to work with the other, yet they all do.
    left the forum March 2023
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    Yep. More than one in fact. There's no discernible difference between 11-speed and 10-speed chainsets. I did about 2000km on an FSA chainset with both DA9000 and SRAM Red 22 chains last year with no issues. In fact I think the shift quality was noticeably better than it is with my current "11-speed-compatible" Praxis rings.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Good to hear guys. I was always gonna suck it and see. But FSA is the only manufacturer who has come out and said definitely not. (Probably for the reasons I ve stated). Gonna take a while to save for the SISL.