Mavic spacer 10 speed shimano

forestnot1
forestnot1 Posts: 244
edited January 2015 in Workshop
Hi,

I have some mavic ksyrium slr wheels which looking to put a 10 speed shimano cassette on. I see that I need a mavic spacer to put behind the cassette?

Does anybody have a spare they no longer need/use?

Thanks

Comments

• It costs a couple of quid, the same that it costs someone to send it first class
    left the forum March 2023
  • Ok cool, thanks.

Do you know where I can get one?
  • Google?
  • There's quite a few different ones, different widths etc on there. Was hoping someone that used one may be able to enlighten me!
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    forestnot1 wrote:
    There's quite a few different ones, different widths etc on there. Was hoping someone that used one may be able to enlighten me!

you need the mavic 1.75mm spacer plus the std 1mm shimano one for a 10sp cassette that does not have the 1mm built in to the cassette body ie tiagra cassette

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/mav ... m-ec033719
  • Great, thanks mamba80. Il be using a ultegra 6700 cassette, I presume it'll come with the 1mm shimano spacer?
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    forestnot1 wrote:
    Great, thanks mamba80. Il be using a ultegra 6700 cassette, I presume it'll come with the 1mm shimano spacer?

if its new, yes!
  • It will be so yes! Thanks for your help
  • Shimano 10 speed come with the 1 mm spacer, except 4600 cassettes, which do not need one.
    IF you have a 9 speed cassette lying somewhere, you can use one of the spacers between sprockets as an alternative to the Mavic + 1 mm, as the spacer thickness is 2.6 mm