Answer to Chav Scum = Move House

2»

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    "Chav" is the only derogatory term which I am comfortable using. Because I'm usually referring to some horrible and obnoxious little shite who wouldn't think twice about being a right little c**t.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    They saw "park" on the car park sign so started hanging around there.

Chavs used to have some character (wearing Burberry stuff, driving ricer cars) and half of them were indeed, criminals, but that was around the 1990s. Wasn't Brian Harvey from East 17 like the head Chav? :lol: He was the epitome of one.

There aren't any Chavs now, not like it was back then!

Todays scum we refer to as "chavs" don't have any character whatsoever and more of them are criminals.
  • What's wrong with broad labels and lazy branding anyway? They're called chavs at least partly because they are exhibiting loud, abusive and potentially intimidating behaviour. Add in the burberry and you have a Chav in the common man's view of one (although I doubt they wear that brand or rip off of that brand any more since that was a trend a one time and things move on). Just because you are not happy with that phrase doesn't mean others aren't and definitely doesn't mean you have to censor them if they choose to use that phrase.

I once heard about a University's diversity advisor sent a memo around saying they should not use the word black to describe someone of afro caribbean descent. She was a white woman and got a load of complaints from her black colleagues. That lead to a memo saying Black was no back on the approved words for describing race. My point being someone who was not part of a particular group made a decision on it (in good faith???) without consulting that group to find out if it was offensive to them. That could apply to Chavs as much as other groups. Would a Chav actually be bothered about being called that? I know that some actually like it. Who was that bloke who wrote a book on the Chav and the working class? Young looking lad who gets onto a lot of class based discussion shows on TV and 24 hour news channels in the UK.
  • Manc33
    Just one slight problem no one ever seems to highlight with all this PC crap - every man, woman and child being told what they can and cannot say is far more dangerous to society than someone with a different skin colour being offended every now and then. That goes right across the board whether you're as PC as it gets, or a racist. Its more about common sense and logic than anything else.

When you get fined for swearing in public, there isn't even a list of words you can't say, you just get fined if it is "offensive". At least publish a list of words, not that that makes it right, but they don't even do that.

We are bent over so far we think we're standing up.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    How do you publish a list of offensive words without being taken to task for being offensive? :wink:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Manc33 wrote:
    Just one slight problem no one ever seems to highlight with all this PC crap - every man, woman and child being told what they can and cannot say is far more dangerous to society than someone with a different skin colour being offended every now and then. That goes right across the board whether you're as PC as it gets, or a racist. Its more about common sense and logic than anything else.

When you get fined for swearing in public, there isn't even a list of words you can't say, you just get fined if it is "offensive". At least publish a list of words, not that that makes it right, but they don't even do that.

They'll soon be telling us which cartoons we can draw. :wink:
  • Manc33
    lol but :roll: at the same time

They could do a list. If I say the F word, or the C word, you know what I mean.

Some words I always thought as a kid were swear words, aren't, like bastard.

Bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard. :mrgreen:

Cha ching £££
  • What's wrong with broad labels and lazy branding anyway? They're called chavs at least partly because they are exhibiting loud, abusive and potentially intimidating behaviour. Add in the burberry and you have a Chav in the common man's view of one (although I doubt they wear that brand or rip off of that brand any more since that was a trend a one time and things move on). Just because you are not happy with that phrase doesn't mean others aren't and definitely doesn't mean you have to censor them if they choose to use that phrase.

I once heard about a University's diversity advisor sent a memo around saying they should not use the word black to describe someone of afro caribbean descent. She was a white woman and got a load of complaints from her black colleagues. That lead to a memo saying Black was no back on the approved words for describing race. My point being someone who was not part of a particular group made a decision on it (in good faith???) without consulting that group to find out if it was offensive to them. That could apply to Chavs as much as other groups. Would a Chav actually be bothered about being called that? I know that some actually like it. Who was that bloke who wrote a book on the Chav and the working class? Young looking lad who gets onto a lot of class based discussion shows on TV and 24 hour news channels in the UK.

Haha! Ok ok lesson learned...

Politics and the Internet forums...

Just a heads up though bud, once hearing a vague story about something isn't really a great way of trying to make a point....

What's wrong with broad labels and lazy branding? Erm... Let's call that one your thought for the day shall we?

Lastly is the book your referring to 'chavs: the demonisation of the working class' by Owen Jones? If the answer is yes I strongly suggest you actually read it. It's an excellent book (not many pictures I'm afraid :( ) and it argues the complete opposite of what you are trying to say!
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • Manc33 wrote:

I'm happy to have been of service Manc

What you're saying is pretty irrelevant to the point I was making but I'm glad you've found a platform to have a good rant from!

Just so I've got this right though, using your logic. Telling someone they can't call an African man a n##ga is far worse than any offence the African man may feel?! You think it's common sense that dictates what is acceptable and what isn't. Why are there so many racists in the world?
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • Manc33
    TurboTommy wrote:
    Just so I've got this right though, using your logic. Telling someone they can't call an African man a n##ga is far worse than any offence the African man may feel?! You think it's common sense that dictates what is acceptable and what isn't. Why are there so many racists in the world?

An important quote goes:

"I don't agree with his opinion but I agree with his right to express it".

In any case, its not very likely a black guy would be offended at the "N word" considering plenty of black people use that exact word as a term of endearment with each other. If you're trying to tell me they are offended, I think you need a reality check, it is only words (or in this case, one word) after all.

Morgan Freeman was right when he said if they want to stamp out racism why don't they just shut up making a thing out of it? Some billboard says LETS STAMP OUT RACISM and some five year old kid says to his father "What's racism?" is that a good thing? All they do is spread racism by doing that, they actually keep it going, its very clever, but not quite clever enough that no one can see through it.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Manc33 wrote:
    An important quote goes:

"I don't agree with his opinion but I agree with his right to express it".

In any case, its not very likely a black guy would be offended at the "N word" considering plenty of black people use that exact word as a term of endearment with each other. If you're trying to tell me they are offended, I think you need a reality check, it is only words (or in this case, one word) after all.

Morgan Freeman was right when he said if they want to stamp out racism why don't they just shut up making a thing out of it? Some billboard says LETS STAMP OUT RACISM and some five year old kid says to his father "What's racism?" is that a good thing? All they do is spread racism by doing that, they actually keep it going, its very clever, but not quite clever enough that no one can see through it.

Someone else asked you yesterday... who is 'they'? Sorry, but I'm not in the mood for 'they' and the conspiracy theories that go with 'them'.

As for the context of the whole post, well there aren't enough facepalms on the internet.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Manc33 wrote:

Isn't that turning a blind eye and denying it happens? It's like saying if you ignore the problem enough the problem will go away.
    In my opinion racism is more than name calling. It's actually treating people differently, like second class citizens. For, example employment opportunities. It can work both ways like "positive action" in South Aftica. Where young white males can not find employment, as employers have a quota to meet. You can't shut up about these problems.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • Manc33
    ben@31 wrote:
    Isn't that turning a blind eye and denying it happens? It's like saying if you ignore the problem enough the problem will go away.

With regards to name calling yes, that can be ignored.

A problem is being found where there isn't one.
    ben@31 wrote:
    In my opinion racism is more than name calling. It's actually treating people differently, like second class citizens.

The way the Israeli Army treats Palestinians suddenly springs to mind.
    ben@31 wrote:
    For, example employment opportunities. It can work both ways like "positive action" in South Aftica. Where young white males can not find employment, as employers have a quota to meet. You can't shut up about these problems.

That has nothing to do with free speech though.

I agree that physically treating other races differently as if they are some sort of sub-human species is awful.

Our own media was doing that with Persians not long ago, Iran this, Iran that. Who cares if they get nuclear weapons when plenty of other countries all have them. We are all supposed to think Pakistan, China, Israel, France and others are all safe to have nukes, but if Iran gets one they would let it off? :roll:

Only one nation has ever let one off and we call them our allies.

If you want to get rid of racism, our racist media would be the first place to start. All they bang on about is how Islam is taking over Britain... oh yeah it looks like it. When I have got an Arab pointing an AK-47 in my face I will believe it, until then, its propaganda, the mighty Wurlitzer.
  • airbag
    airbag Posts: 201
    Manc33 wrote:

Or - they are, in fact, offended and traumatized by realising what their "friends" think of them, but they say nothing because they're in a situation where they lose more from a complaint than they do from staying schtum. Same dynamic as college or family rape - no matter how true the accusation, 99 % of the time it results in a social group or career you hold dear, that you've worked for and rely on, being blown apart.

A lot of the time they probably aren't bothered. But it's not a situation where silence can be assumed to equal consent.
  • Manc33
    airbag wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

Or - they are, in fact, offended and traumatized by realising what their "friends" think of them, but they say nothing because they're in a situation where they lose more from a complaint than they do from staying schtum. Same dynamic as college or family rape - no matter how true the accusation, 99 % of the time it results in a social group or career you hold dear, that you've worked for and rely on, being blown apart.

A lot of the time they probably aren't bothered. But it's not a situation where silence can be assumed to equal consent.

I agree but the same also applies when people are being told what they can and can't say. You can't completely be dictated to, you have to save some freedom.

From decades of oppression from white people, I suppose they call each other the N word to try to make it mean nothing - which is ironic considering it is the #1 word any time racism gets mentioned.
  • What on earth has all this to do with scummies hanging around the OP's flat I ask?!!! :lol::lol: