Thursday - early shift

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited January 2015 in The bottom bracket
It so does count, I've been asleep :D

Due to unforeseen maintenance, normality for the forum will not be very likely.

Expecting a parcel of shiny bits in the post this morning, will post photos :D

You at work yet Arran? :D
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Nearly lunch time already, which will put a temporary stop to the game of Office Biscuit Jar Bingo. In my more motivated moments, I am crafting a petition to get the biccie supply changed - after several months the "Variety Assortment" box really isn't.

Early mark planned to go visit the Vood... er, acupuncturist again. I wonder if I should learn the Mandarin phrase for "stab in the dark" to mutter.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    In work early, then London tonight to the airport.

Need coffee then I'll take part in this game.

Debating to be inclusive in the new club or just keep it to friends only
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,970
    Out on the bike today with company.
    Only out to a cafe and back, most agreeable. :P
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    team47b wrote:

I never have, nor do I intend to, ever be at work at such an hour :shock:

Shiny things being delivered to work for me as well today, something for the mountain bike and something for the best roadie 8)

Until then lots of tea and ginger nuts (biscuits :wink: ).
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    arran77 wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Shiny things being delivered to work for me as well today, something for the mountain bike and something for the best roadie 8) .

Headset? For isetta :D

DSC03247.jpg
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    mild hangover is slowly being rectified by copious amounts of tea and chocolate chip cookies. As it's kind of Friday for me I'm going for a fry up for lunch. Out to see a customer tomorrow morning followed by heavy drinking in Manchester. Taking the bike with me as I might go for a spin on Saturday morning, depends how sick I feel. Wobbled in on the green bike today, quicker and easier than the blue bike. Are all green bikes faster than blue ones then?
    Better to some work, lots to do before day out tomorrow.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    . Are all green bikes faster than blue ones then?

Of course they are. Starting at Purple, follow anti-clockwise to find out how fast your bike is. White and black bikes are boring, therefore slowest of all.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLbMJnRNqqMO0jPOXKjmhBz0bRabF93Gz5GAFdCRsjEm_Lf8weu4DZkA
  • team47b
    Veronese68 wrote:
    . Are all green bikes faster than blue ones then?

Of course they are. Starting at Purple, follow anti-clockwise to find out how fast your bike is. White and black bikes are boring, therefore slowest of all.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLbMJnRNqqMO0jPOXKjmhBz0bRabF93Gz5GAFdCRsjEm_Lf8weu4DZkA

Analogous colour theory only works if you have one bike, you need to apply tetradic colour theory for multiple bike ownership :roll:
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Currently all indecisive about whether to apply for a different job. Same organisation, same salary, same kind of work, different department. Bit fed up where I am but that could just be typical January behaviour - happens most years. And do I really need the aggro of starting something new? With a six-month old kid and a partner who's possibly being made redundant?

I think I might load up the application on my laptop tonight, drink heavily and see what happens.*

*Will probably just end up looking at smut...
  • arran77
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    I think I might load up the application on my laptop tonight, drink heavily and see what happens.*

Please get the two mixed up and email smut to the HR department instead of the application form :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    arran77 wrote:
    CHRISNOIR wrote:

Please get the two mixed up and email smut to the HR department instead of the application form :lol:

I'll put a few links in the 'Hobbies / Interests' section.
  • arran77
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    CHRISNOIR wrote:

I'll put a few links in the 'Hobbies / Interests' section.

:lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    Evening Wasters,

Looks like I'll be doing even less work than skiveboy77 for a few days because I'm now on holiday. Just got to check my gear is all packed, sink some booze and get at stupid o'clock to catch a taxi to the airport. And its snowing where I'm going. Rock on 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    And its snowing where I'm going.

You heading to Yorkshire then :P

seanoconn
  • Flâneur
    I've got a 6:50 flight Stevo, you much earlier?

Arran has to work tomorrow too given that it is Friday.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    I've got a 6:50 flight Stevo, you much earlier?

Arran has to work tomorrow too given that it is Friday.
    7.30 from City mate. Where are you flying from?

Oh, and you reminded me to say: Enjoy working tomorrow arran :lol:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Has he gone yet?

I miss him already. :D
  • Stevo_666
    I'll be on here from time to time :wink:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Stevo 666 wrote:

If you do break a leg, is the uplift day still on? :)
  • Wheelspinner
    Can't see why not. There's no pedaling involved in that anyway, the cast can just replace the "body armour" normally used and the extra weight will help with acceleration downhill. Win.
  • Flâneur
    Heathrow for my sins, joys of crossing the pond briefly. Hand luggage only is the blessing so later check in and all that jazz.

Stevo and his uplifts this one he swapped the van for the chair. Should be a helo imo
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    I have no idea why the tetradic colour theory would lend itself to faster bicycles as my Colnago is more than 4 colours, so that theory can get chucked out of the quarter light.

Ho hum Torsdag. Drizzly weather and final day of quarantine for thing 2 who finally got the pox.

Back to normal next week, whateverthehell 'normal' means.

Laters.

PS Go for it Goo. You can't stay miserable forever or the little one will grow up and tell everyone that the old man is a miserable b*stard.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Probably not, but I've never broken anything skiing (unlike cycling). Famous last words...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Probably not, but I've never broken anything skiing (unlike cycling). Famous last words...

:lol:
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Oh, and you reminded me to say: Enjoy working tomorrow arran :lol:

Your idea of work and mine are entirely different :P

seanoconn