Tour De San Luis - **Live Feed and Spoilers**

13»

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Great job Malori. He won the TT last year too.

Chuckle at the discussion above! I certainly have mentioned Sep many times. Could start with the thread on BSE. But of course search is not working...

He was 9th yesterday.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    6th (Queen) Stage results

1. Kleber Da Silva
    2. Rodolfo Torres +2
    3. Daniel Díaz +6
    4. Nairo Quintana +15
    5. Daniel Moreno +17

Basically it came down to a four man group left at the 1km to go with Da Silva pulling away with Torres at the finish while Diaz eased up as did Quintana. Diaz now has this race sewn up with Torres and Quintana back in 2nd and 3rd on GC. Very hard to follow this on the official feed with only a bird's (helicopter) view of little figures going up the (impressive) mountain.

GC
    1. Daniel Díaz
    2. Rodolfo Torres +1:05
    3. Nairo Quintana +1:34
    4. Eduardo Sepúlveda +2:02
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Thanks for the info.

I see Sep right up there again...and look who came 7th on that hard stage: Dombrowski! Leave Sky and starts to perform; standard. Hopefully we see this talented and fiery youngster tear up more of the roads now he is in a better team for him.

Congratulations Diaz. Strong win.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Leave Sky and starts to perform; standard. .

Breaking news, FF confirms no doping at Sky.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,125
    Cavendish wins the final stage.
  • hommelbier
    1. Mark Cavendish
    2. Gaviria
    3. Jakub Mareczko
    4. Sacha Modolo

Daniel Diaz confirmed as winner on GC
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    andyp wrote:

No longer finished then?
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,563
    mm1 wrote:
    andyp wrote:

No longer finished then?

Finally got the lead out train working then?
  • mm1 wrote:
    andyp wrote:

No longer finished then?
    Yes he finished first
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,681
    Gaviria has been impressive. Shame he is so focused on the track.
  • andyp wrote:
    Search function is your friend here.

The search function on here is friends with no man. Or woman. Or anything else.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

+1 to that.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,236
    No doubt they're jumping up and down excitedly in Argentina at Daniel Diaz's victory at San Luis, but some of the language in race reports (particularly Cyclingnews) is, er, "muted" to say the least...as though they don't buy what they've seen.
    Completely prepared to accept that I've misinterpreted this and that I've fallen into the pitfall of turning into Joelsim.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    No doubt they're jumping up and down excitedly in Argentina at Daniel Diaz's victory at San Luis, but some of the language in race reports (particularly Cyclingnews) is, er, "muted" to say the least...as though they don't buy what they've seen.
    Completely prepared to accept that I've misinterpreted this and that I've fallen into the pitfall of turning into Joelsim.

It's official, you have turned into me.

He's even had a product named after him in Diazepam.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Ba-doom-tish
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,792
    OCDuPalais wrote:

More likely he's not recognised by English speakers. Ergo, cycling news has no interest.

Bit like any non-English speaking cyclists too tbh.
  • joelsim
    Funvic certainly impressed.

Rodrigo Contreras of Colombia performed extremely well for a 20 year old too. 5th on GC.
  • ocdupalais
    Joelsim wrote:
    OCDuPalais wrote:

I just need to remember: I have a choice - and I'll get through this. You, however, are condemned to always think like Joelsim - however hard you might try not to...
  • joelsim
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    OCDuPalais wrote:

I just need to remember: I have a choice - and I'll get through this. You, however, are condemned to always think like Joelsim - however hard you might try not to...

lol, I don't try not to. If it smells fishy there's probably some fish in it.
  • ocdupalais
    Joelsim wrote:
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    OCDuPalais wrote:

lol, I don't try not to. If it smells fishy there's probably some fish in it.

Fair enough. Either that or you've got a piece of fish lodged up a nostril.
  • Contador is the Greatest
  • hommelbier
    Yes Sepulveda definitely in the FF squad - may even be making the GT team!

I'm a fan too and was disappointed when he crashed?(forgot) before the Tour and didn't ride

He was a neo pro for FdJ but they dropped him. I think he would fit right in at Ag2R - at 23 lots ahead of him. He should get another crack at the Tour this year

Good news for fans of Eduardo Sepulveda as he gets his first big win today in the Classic Sud-Ardeche.

http://www.cyclingquotes.com/news/sepulveda_gets_confidence_for_paris-nice_with_french_win/