Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Monday Funday

veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,320 Lives Here
edited January 2015 in The bottom bracket
This website was down just now so I tried to do some work. I didn't like it.
Quite chilly out there this morning, but not at all unpleasant. Rode in on the new big wheeled MTB, those big rumbly tyres made it hard work but it kept me warm. Really pleased with the bike though.
For some reason my customers have finally woken up from their slumber over the festive period and I've had a load of orders land in my lap. I might have to do more of this work malarkey.
I will postpone the need to do that by making another cup of tea.

Posts

  • team47bteam47b Posts: 6,424
    No idea what any of that meant - apart from i now want a cup of tea :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,071
    Work Meg, with too many meetings - so no real work

    Later is swimming with the bin lids
  • arran77arran77 Posts: 9,260
    veronese68 wrote:
    I tried to do some work. I didn't like it.

    Couldn't agree more :lol:

    It looks far too pleasant outside to be sat here at my desk, might take an extended lunch to make up for it :D
    veronese68 wrote:
    Rode in on the new big wheeled MTB, those big rumbly tyres made it hard work but it kept me warm. Really pleased with the bike though.

    The heathens here won't appreciate that :roll: Got any pictures just to pi$$ them off even more :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

    seanoconn
  • chris_basschris_bass Posts: 4,913
    was this it?

    max_1_430000.jpg?1387887182
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • arran77arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Chris Bass wrote:
    was this it?

    max_1_430000.jpg?1387887182

    I think that might belong to Stevo, he bought it with the bonus he gets from helping people avoid, sorry mitigate, taxes :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

    seanoconn
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,320 Lives Here
    That's not bling enough for me. Tried to get a picture this morning, but not enough light for the phone. Might leave later tomorrow.
  • chris_basschris_bass Posts: 4,913
    veronese68 wrote:
    That's not bling enough for me. Tried to get a picture this morning, but not enough light for the phone. Might leave later tomorrow.

    yeah, i think the front and rear mech really let it down, but some people like the subtle look i guess.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • FlâneurFlâneur Posts: 3,027
    So work is getting in the way of ordering stuff and drinking coffee. god help me, any god.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,320 Lives Here
    From Friday:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    But he has reminded me that I need to change my bb.

    Glad I could be of assistance!!
    Guess who didn't change his BB. One of the reasons I rode a different bike.
  • chris_basschris_bass Posts: 4,913
    veronese68 wrote:
    From Friday:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    But he has reminded me that I need to change my bb.

    Glad I could be of assistance!!
    Guess who didn't change his BB. One of the reasons I rode a different bike.

    Its all the grit and salt on the road, well, I say on the road, I personally get gritted about 3 times a day at the moment thanks to Solihull Council!

    Guess who used needing a new bottom bracket to justify uppgrading the whole groupset :-)
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,320 Lives Here
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Guess who used needing a new bottom bracket to justify uppgrading the whole groupset :-)
    Excellent, good work.
    My new MTB was supposed to have the groupset transferred from the old one. Somehow it has a new XT groupset fitted. Not too sure how that happened.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,612
    arran77 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    was this it?

    max_1_430000.jpg?1387887182

    I think that might belong to Stevo, he bought it with the bonus he gets from helping people avoid, sorry mitigate, taxes :wink:
    I don't help any people avoid or mitigate tax :wink:

    Anyhow, countdown to skiing is progressing - just over 3 days and counting :) This communting lark is good leg training for the slidey downhill I'll be doing later this week.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,071
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I don't help any people avoid or mitigate tax :wink:

    just companies :)
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,612
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I don't help any people avoid or mitigate tax :wink:

    just companies :)
    Bloody spoilsport, I could have had some of this lot guessing for ages :D
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • FlâneurFlâneur Posts: 3,027
    I was going to say shareholders to relate it to people.

    Just bought Dura Ace for my S works. made me sad which I am sure shouldn't be the case.

    work was censored today like Stevo end of year censored . everyone seemed to want to email my account or call my phone. Probably because I decided to go in for 9.30.

    Stevo any space for another skier in your bag?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,612
    You've got a point there Sa0, though I suppose what I do doesn't directly save tax for shareholders, it just increases the value of their shares. So everyone with a stock portfolio or a pension fund can say thanks to me now :P

    I've still got end of year to look forward to in about 10 weeks time :roll:

    It might be a bit of a squeeze but Swissair are very relaxed about how much stuff you put in your ski bag so you never know :wink:
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
Sign In or Register to comment.