Quick fit

Ferrals
Ferrals Posts: 785
edited February 2015 in Health, fitness & training
I've not ridden much the last couple of months due to it band problems so my fitness has dropped. Did sport cat at a local race today and struggled. The next one is in 4 weeks and I'd like to be a bit more in touch, clearly in four weeks I'm not going to change my fitness that much, but I'm wondering what the best strategy is? I'm guessing that there is no point in base style training so it's just a case of concentrating on intervals/ hill reps pre/post work and doing a couple of race length fast rides the next couple of weekends?

Comments

• diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    Yep - that and stretch out properly after training. Its so easy to injure yourself when you try to step up the training quickly. I've really got in to stretching and do a 30 min twice a week plus a 5 minute after every ride.

Ditching spare fat is also doable in that time frame.
  • Ferrals
    Ferrals Posts: 785
    I am obsessed with stretching at the moment to prevent IT band flare-up, was doing half an hour twice a day, but just don't have the time at the moment so doing much the same as you. and foam and spiky ball rolling, plus sportive excersizes like single leg squats.

I actually realised that because of various injuries and Christmas that race was the longest i'd ridden since the beginning of december so not surprised i struggled. was 5 mins behind the next guy in front so am just hoping i can make up that difference!
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    my obsession was based on the girly teaching me :oops:
  • Hehe, Each motivation is good :) I came back to the sport after childbirth. Previously I wore size 8, after pregnancy 12. My motivation were great clothes that I bought during pregnancy in the old size :)
    Target almost reached!

Liposukcja Gdańsk