What do people think on cube mtbs

stoychgreyjoy
stoychgreyjoy Posts: 14
edited January 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hello

I am about to get a new bike on the nhs bikes scheme! I was thinking about to get an cube ltd pro 27.5!

http://www.cube.eu/uk/bikes/mtb-hardtai ... line-2015/

What do people think of this model and cube bikes on the whole? I have had speshs,whyte in the past and this one ticks all the boxes for me as an xc/trail rider. If people got any other bikes I should think about then please let me know, thank you

stoychgreyjoy

Comments

• WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    Looks a nice bike, pretty good all round spec with the tyres being the only real bad point that I would want to change straight away.
    I think Cube's are great, really happy with mine the frame is fantastic and have no regrets buying one and would do again. Off the shelf spec seems better than many £ for £.
  • philcubed
    philcubed Posts: 260
    Love my cube too. I've had an acid for nearly 4 years (26") upgraded forks to reba Rl's, same as you're getting. Rest of the bike is great, only replaced parts for normal wear and tear. Live in essex so mostly Xc, but have taken it to afan, Lake District, trail centres and down a mountain in France!
  • gazcarsf1
    gazcarsf1 Posts: 130
    Just bought my second cube last week, never had any issues with my old carbon cube in 3 years, the bikes been great.
    A m8 has a Ltd sl 27.5 and he really likes it. Buy one!!!!
    Cube reaction gtc race 2011 26er, Canyon spectral al 8.0 2014, cube reaction gtc race 2015 29er
    How much for that!!!!!
  • I'm really pleased with the Ltd 29er which I bought heavily discounted late last year. Mbr gave it a relatively low rating citing it as harsh and heavy. I've been riding a full sus for 15 years but bought this for local trails where 140mm isn't needed however I don't find it particularly harsh & for what I paid I couldn't find anything remotely near the spec for the price. Only niggle is that the paint doesn't seem to stand up to cable rub as well as my Commencal. I've changed the shifters and mech not that there's anything wrong with them only that my other bikes are all Sram. For the little over 700 notes I parted with getting on for half that value is in the Reba fork which is excellent. Mine came with Nobby Nics on not the Robs it was shown with

Geometry wise it's spot on much better than the Boardman I'd tried.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Just changed the cables on one today and what a pig. The cable routing is internal and the cable has to go under the bb she'll and you have to fish it out through not a huge hole. The front mech cable is even worse to do a fine bike until the cables need doing and then you wonder why the thought this was good idea. No idea if this nonsense Is common the entire cube range.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • Just changed the cables on one today and what a pig. The cable routing is internal and the cable has to go under the bb she'll and you have to fish it out through not a huge hole. The front mech cable is even worse to do a fine bike until the cables need doing and then you wonder why the thought this was good idea. No idea if this nonsense Is common the entire cube range.

surely you just tape the new outers to the old, and drag them through? or fishing line or similar.

i assume they are made with a line fitted through them, and then pull the cables through at assembly.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Usual trick is to leave the old inner in place, run the outer long it and then swap the inner, not the first time he's tried doing something the hard way though!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Just took delivery of a Reaction GTC SL and must say its absolute class, for quality of parts you get for the money it's extemely good value.
    Cube GTC Reaction SL - Green Black 2014
    Cannondale Synapse 105 - 2012