Planet x pro carbon

theraggyone
theraggyone Posts: 147
edited September 2015 in Your road bikes
I just brought my first roadbike as im making the switch to the darkside from mountain biking due to a change of circumstances ( moving house and a second child).I did 3000km last year on the road on my enduro bike lol and ive been drooling over road bikes for a long time now:)

My bike turned up this week and to say im pleased is an understatment. Ive only had a handfull of short rides so far and it absolutely flys, I cant wait to give it a proper ride.

Its a medium planet x pro carbon with the sram rival 22 build and wieghed bang on 8kg,s when I unboxed it. ignore the mudguards unfortunately a necessity at this time of year.

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0184.jpg

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Good choice, excellent bikes IME. Enjoy your rides :)
  • manglier
    manglier Posts: 1,212
    Just a suggestion, if you want to improve the feel of the bar tops you can reroute the gear cables to run alongside the brake cables at the front of the bar. I did and found that it made a profound enhancement to comfort. :mrgreen:
  • And level those bars.....
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • That's a very nice first road bike! Hope you enjoy it :D

I mist admit I like the looks of the modern pro carbons to the old (5 years ago) versions.
  • Thanks for the comments and advice im well chuffed with the bike, had my first decent ride on it today, 21 miles averaging 16.3 mph with 1000 ft of climbing and it felt great. I will increase the distance next weekend as I felt I could do twice that no problem, I just ran out of time....

If I have any comfort issues I may reroute the cables but at the moment they are no issue.

With regard to the bars I have changed there position slightly they are now inline with the stem which is where i found they were most comfortable and my wrists were straight. When I leveled them my wrists were slightly cocked forward and it felt more uncomfortable. I was under the impression they should be set so my wrists are straight while resting on the hoods is that wrong?...
  • Great to hear, Planet X offers amazing value!

Enjoy the first few rides, and i'm sure you'll have the bug bitten.
  • theraggyone
    theraggyone Posts: 147
    edited November 2015
    Thought I would post a few more pics of my bike as ive now had it 8 months, covered over 3000 miles and upgraded it quite a bit. Ive changed the wheels to mavic ksysium elites, fitted a deda carbon seat post, prologo naga cpc saddle, various other bits and my most recent purchase is the deda electa carbon handlebar with internal routing. The bike fits me like a glove now, is very comfy and I think looks great ;) ive done all the work myself, its the first time ive ever taped bars and im very pleased with how it went.

DSC_1184.jpg

DSC_1186.jpg
  • an excellent bike ! had my planet x for a year now with no problems whatsoever . the comfort is excellent with no aches or pains at all and that's with just me setting the bike up , mines as standard with no upgrades and have to say when I turned up I was overwhelmed think it weighed just shy of 8 kg out the box before pedals . may trade it next year for a rt90 but a bit reluctant as its been so good . anyone know if planet x do trade ins ?
  • @theraggyone can I just ask how you would rate the Sram Rival on this bike? I'm thinking about forking our for a groupset but I've seen very few reviews for it. Thanks :)
    Felt F95 2012

Hello to Jason Isaacs
  • i love sram rival its been flawless and i much prefer the adjustability and shift method to shimanos flappy brake levers (cant compare to campy as never used it). i like it that much i will be sticking with sram for future builds and may just upgrade parts to force or red as they wear out /break .i could not be happier with it