You are officially a cycling amateur if...

1235»

Comments

• chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Ai_1 wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:
    It makes sense if and you to the but it at where he does.
    Hmmm, weren't you just criticising other people's use of the english language?

to give him the benefit of the doubt, I think that's what he was going for!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Ai_1 wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:
    It makes sense if and you to the but it at where he does.
    Hmmm, weren't you just criticising other people's use of the english language?

to give him the benefit of the doubt, I think that's what he was going for!
    Based on his track record, and due to the xenophobic content of his post, I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    If you ride behind a sweet female admiring the view when you could overtake and beat your strava best.....
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You post in pro racing on Bikeradar
    :lol:

If you have to ask why anyone riding an 18kg downhill bike and wearing full body armour needs to take a van to the top of the hill :wink:

Phew, none of us are amateurs then. We all know the reason people do it is they are lazy, unfit f***wits who aren't capable of cycling only of relying on gravity, having no brain cells and wanting to look like an American Footballer.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Pross wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

If you have to ask why anyone riding an 18kg downhill bike and wearing full body armour needs to take a van to the top of the hill :wink:

Phew, none of us are amateurs then. We all know the reason people do it is they are lazy, unfit f***wits who aren't capable of cycling only of relying on gravity, having no brain cells and wanting to look like an American Footballer.

:lol: Even more amateur if you don't ask because you think you know why :wink:
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    You are officially a cycling amateur if...

...you still don't know how to bunny hop.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Pross wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

:lol: Even more amateur if you don't ask because you think you know why :wink:
    ...and even more so if you get it completely wrong :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • if you drop out of the 53 ring
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    if you drop out of the 53 ring up Holm Moss

:D
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    You are officially a cycling amateur if you draw a line on Google Earth of your shortest route, then zoom out so the sides of Britain fit the screen and the line becomes a dot.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    You are officially a cycling amateur if - You've been on BR for ages and still cant find the "ignore posts" button...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    You are officially a cycling amateur if - You've been on BR for ages and still cant find the "ignore posts" button...

know where it is, but choose to ignore it, because I wouldn't see anything on here
  • debeli
    debeli Posts: 583
    ... you give any thought at all to whether clothing, hat, bar tape, frame and saddle match, coordinate or clash.
  • pinno
    Debeli wrote:
    ... you give any thought at all to whether clothing, hat, bar tape, frame and saddle match, coordinate or clash.

I thought the opposite might be more true.
  • homers_double
    Only the "we are cyclists" brigade think the opposite. Normal people make sure their stems are slammed, the logo's line up and the kit is clean.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    You are officially a cycling amateur if... Your PM outbox wont send a reply to the PM recieved from Pina :lol:
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    You are officially a cycling amateur if... you have enough time off the bike to answer PM's.
  • homers_double
    Mate, it was snowing here this morning. I thought I'd have an extra hour in bed instead of my regular morning ride.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    That's not snow mate, it's dandruff.
  • homers_double
    3" on't big 'ill.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Must be big 'ill tha'. Tha's bahn' to catch thy deeath o' cowd...
  • Stevo_666
    ...you don't do road and mountain biking. So narrow minded and missing out on so much :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...you don't do road and mountain biking. So narrow minded and missing out on so much :wink:

If you live in Norfolk the decision is already made for you.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

If you live in Norfolk the decision is already made for you.
    You can go off road in Norfolk - doesn't have to be mountainous. Or if the mountain won't come to mohammed...
  • Manc33
    You're a cycling amateur if you live only six miles from the foot of Snake Pass and hardly ever go up it. :oops:
  • homers_double
    Manc33 wrote:
    You're a cycling amateur if you live only six miles from the foot of Snake Pass and hardly ever go up it because you're scared your quick link won't open. :oops:
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Alternative viewpoint:
    Manc33 wrote:
    You're a cycling amateur if you live only six miles from the foot of Snake Pass and hardly ever go up it because you're scared your quick link will open suddenly. :oops:
  • Manc33
    Both are true, that's why I don't use them.

Either it rattles about its so loose (KMC) or is so tight you need tools to remove it (SRAM).

You're a cycling amateur if you use those things. :P
  • pinno
    You are a cycling amateur if you can't use quick links properly and cycle up hills worrying about them.