Chris Boardman Hardtail Carbon 650b 2015

Jammin34
Jammin34 Posts: 36
edited January 2015 in MTB buying advice
I'm looking to buy one of these as a newbie and can't find much information about them including reviews especially.

Could someone please give me their opinions ? I don't want to throw away £1350 on something that isn't worth it but my thinking is that's its a bargain because it should be £1600 usually.

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/m ... -650b-2014

Thanks

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Maybe not ideal for a beginner, it's a bit racey. Take a look at the Giant Anthem, it's a bit more beginner friendly and a brilliant frame.
  • I have the 26 inch wheel version . The frame doesn't appear to have changed. Mine came with sram parts. The sid fork is good . Slightly let down by heavy ish wheels but fine for starters. Mine has been 100 % reliable and great fun. Bike radar rated my model very highly. Mine cost £1600 in 2012 . I would say it's a good deal as the carbon models are not often discounted. However it's wise to work out where you want to ride. I am certainly no racer and it's plently flexible enough to do all but extreme downhill and hurtling off jumps. In summary I would say it's good value and good to ride. I noticed a marked difference moving from an aluminium ht pro to the carbon frame especially on the hills .
  • At this moment in time my riding will be nothing but minimal road and mainly woodland, cross coubtry type riding. Maybe in the future as i gain more confidence and experience I might look at something more fun and extreme where a full suspension bike would probably make more sense but right now a ht I feel is fine, it's just finding the right one.
    I've noticed it's difficult to source a good all round bike that not only has a good frame and forks but also has good components in full all round especially for a budget of only £1500 very max atm.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    You aren't looking hard enough, there are loads of options.
    The boardman has quite steep geometry which won't be particularly friendly for a beginner, it's going to be a bit twitchy.
    This is good value http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBOO456CEVO ... ntain-bike