Specialized Camber 29er sizing

stayhigh65
stayhigh65 Posts: 611
edited January 2015 in MTB buying advice
Morning all

How do people find the sizing on these; I'm 5'11 which sits at the end of medium and the start of large and wondering which would be best?

Any thoughts?

Wow great ship man. Looks like a fish, flies like a fish, steers like a cow.

HECKLER
exercise.png

Comments

• kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Go to a good bike shop and try one. It depends on your preference and relative body sizing. I have a relatively longer body so fit on smaller bike sizes than my height from some manufacturers.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    +1 and I have the same issue as Kajal, longer body (than 'normal for height') means shorter arms and legs, shorter reach means I need a smaller frame. (5'9" with 30" inside leg, was riding a 16", now on a 17").
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Getting to lbs not an option right now.

I'm 5'11 32" inside leg.

I'm interested in knowing what size/height other owners are using
    Wow great ship man. Looks like a fish, flies like a fish, steers like a cow.

HECKLER
    exercise.png
  • batmo
    batmo Posts: 277
    I'm 5'10" with a 29" inside leg. I ride a Medium frame 2014 Camber Comp Carbon with the supplied seatpost at the height where the number '3' is showing!
    Viscount Grand Touring - in bits
    Trek ZX6500 - semi-retired
    HP Velotechnik Spirit
    Brompton M6
    Specialized Camber Comp
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    You can't size a bike based on other people's opinions on the Internet. As well as body shape differences there's also riding style and personal preferences. For example i like bikes a bit on the big side because i find the extra length makes it easier to ride hard, others like a bike which is a bit small because they find that easier to ride harder.
    Unless you know what geometry works for you then you really need to get to a shop or risk an expensive mistake.
  • batmo
    batmo Posts: 277
    You can't size a bike based on other people's opinions on the Internet. As well as body shape differences there's also riding style and personal preferences. For example i like bikes a bit on the big side because i find the extra length makes it easier to ride hard, others like a bike which is a bit small because they find that easier to ride harder.
    Unless you know what geometry works for you then you really need to get to a shop or risk an expensive mistake.
    Everything Rockmonkey says is correct, but if you really can't get to a shop and you buy online, at least the distance selling regs mean you can return or exchange the bike "un-used". I speak from experience having owned a Canyon Nerve for 3 days last year...
    Viscount Grand Touring - in bits
    Trek ZX6500 - semi-retired
    HP Velotechnik Spirit
    Brompton M6
    Specialized Camber Comp