Get in the cycle lane! Wait your turn! - a commuting video

dave2041
dave2041 Posts: 97
edited May 2015 in Commuting general

Comments

• What a silly thing for her to say! Nice calm response.
  • Thanks, I think she was just frustrated as the traffic there was huge!
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I just like the overlays :)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • I just like the overlays :)

Courtesy of Garmin Virb Edit suite! The software is pretty powerful and super easy to use :)
  • Kieran_Burns
    That virb looks like a nice replacement for my old Contour HD (got a garmin 800 as well)
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • That virb looks like a nice replacement for my old Contour HD (got a garmin 800 as well)

Thats funny i literally just replaced my Contour HD 1080p with the Virb (bought for £99 during black friday)!
  • Kieran_Burns
    Good god - if I'd seen the deaI would've taken it!

Does it allow you to angle the lens like the Contour does? I wear mine on the side of my helmet so it needs to be just off horizontal to get a straight image
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Good god - if I'd seen the deaI would've taken it!

Does it allow you to angle the lens like the Contour does? I wear mine on the side of my helmet so it needs to be just off horizontal to get a straight image

Unfortunately no there isn't any twisting of the lens as there is on the contour, is mounting on the top not an option?

I mean, you could have an elbow mount to hold it horizontal but you don't want to move the weight away from your head much as it'll rotate the helmet i'd imagine (it's a little heavier than the contour, not much but...)
  • jefflad
    jefflad Posts: 315
    What a really pleasant retort from your good self! I'm normally out of breath to reply and either smile or ignore them... having said that I haven't commuted any day this year :-/

A second on the overlays... top drawer
  • Kieran_Burns
    £117 from Amazon and I have the Garmin 800 so can control it and sync from there...

Oh damn.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • jefflad wrote:
    What a really pleasant retort from your good self! I'm normally out of breath to reply and either smile or ignore them... having said that I haven't commuted any day this year :-/

A second on the overlays... top drawer

Thanks!
  • £117 from Amazon and I have the Garmin 800 so can control it and sync from there...

Oh damn.

Pull the trigger :D
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    £117 from Amazon and I have the Garmin 800 so can control it and sync from there...

Oh damn.

You might need a software update to get the camera control screen on your 800 though the software update about 12 months ago included it. I rarely use it TBH, just slide the record button on the Elite and it starts the Basic rear cam recording too.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Yup - 2.70 which is installed :)

(thanks for mentioning it though) and sorry to completely hi-jack the thread but does anyone have it helmet mounted, and how much does it stick out?
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • I have it helmet mounted and sticks out a bit compared to the contour nearly twice as much) but i haven't found it to be a problem.
  • Kieran_Burns
    I found the Virb Elite on Amazon at £174 - is there any point if I have the 800?
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Hi KB, I got the Virb Elite in the sales (£126, bargain). I don't think you'd get much more out of the Elite that the standard Virb as the extras are all about GPS stuff. I went for the Elite so I can drop it onto my MTB and leave by Edge for the road bikes. Obviously the Virb drops onto the road bikes too and I've started to merrily film the road of South Notts.
    You hear that? He's up there... mewing in the nerve centre of his evil empire. A ground rent increase here, a tax dodge there? he sticks his leg in the air, laughs his cat laugh... and dives back down to grooming his balls!
  • Downward
    Downward Posts: 179
    You wasted 10 seconds arguing with someone who will never ride a bike. Should have just carried on and ignored it.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Downward wrote:
    You wasted 10 seconds arguing with someone who will never ride a bike. Should have just carried on and ignored it.
    You waited a month to tell us that?!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Only just had a chance to watch this 20/10 for your cool replies!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Downward
    Downward Posts: 179
    Slowbike wrote:
    Downward wrote:

Yeah I am just reading through unread posts! 1st time I've been on this year tbf
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Downward wrote:
    Slowbike wrote:
    Downward wrote:

Yeah I am just reading through unread posts! 1st time I've been on this year tbf
    Is that because you spent a month arguing with someone who will never ride a bike ;):D
  • dave2041
    dave2041 Posts: 97
    The Rookie wrote:
    Only just had a chance to watch this 20/10 for your cool replies!
    Cheers :)

And lol @ 10 seconds wasted, oh no!